Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Joe's Crab Shack
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:53 am 

Great dinner! Terry and I both had fish and shrimp...good eating...entertaining waiter...got right in...we ate in the bar area...had a couple of drinks...about $60 including tip...

Post subject: Re: Joe's Crab Shack
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:51 pm 

We had pretty much avoided Joe's Crab Shack just because it was a chain, but last year we gave it a try and are planning to go there again. I was very impressed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:17 pm 

We did enjoy ourselves...fish was yummy...we love fish...and the drinks were made just right...not too strong but not watered down either...we will go back again...maybe some chains are trying to improve...we ate at a Ruby Tuesday's on the way home and were pleasantly surprised...

JoAnn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm 

We love Joe's Crab Shack. We actually went twice this year because our boys (1&3) loved it. (The little guy gave us a run for our money at restaurants this year :shock: so once we saw how well-behaved he was there we went back. :lol: )

Landmark Resort August 2005
Boardwalk Beach Resort July 2006
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2007, 2008, 2009
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2010
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2011, 2012, 2013
Sheraton Broadway Plantation August 2014
Sheraton Broadway Plantation June 2015

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:07 am 

I like Joe's Crab Shack but have never been to the one in Myrtle Beach only because we have a Joe's by us. They are good and I would recommend them if you don't have one near you. I usually like the BBQ steamed Dungeness crabs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 pm 

We had two great meals at Joe's this year. My 4 year old asked to go a second time so we figured we might as well since both boys like it there so much. It is very kid friendly and they have great food.

Bryan had the Fisherman's Platter, I had fish and chips and the boys shared a popcorn shrimp kids meal. The fish was tender and delicious with just a light breading. The waiter didn't charge for a second kid's drink (Their meal came with one drink.) or our drinks. That was really nice of him! The total including a more than 20% tip was $55. Great food for a great price! I really appreciated the fact that the boys were able to share a meal since they are only 2 and 4 and don't eat much. :hello:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 pm 

Never ate Joe's in MB, but always enjoy the one in Louisville. I think service is entirely based on what waiter or waitress that you get. We went to Prosser's twice this year. The first time there the waitress charged us $5 plus a drink for our 2-year old. They knocked off $2 at checkout after we asked them if it was $5 for a kid this young. We go back a week later and another waitress lets us have a free meal for the little one and also didn't charge for her drink. That was about a $7 difference ($5 meal and $2 drink) from the first time. I can assure you that my little one cannot eat $7 of food off their buffet. I left an extra $5 in addition to the regular tip for the waitress that did not try to get $7 for a two-year old to eat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm 

We ended up with a nice waiter and a nice waitress at Joe's since neither charged for the kiddos drinks. :). We also had great luck with every restaurant allowing the boys to share a meal. They all understood that they can't eat a lot. And the one time it wasn't quite enough they ate some of my fod since I can never finish my meal. :sunny:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:11 pm 

We love Joe's crab shack. friendly personal, great food! Wonderful, wonderful mussels diabalo.. yummy, yummy! it share's our # 1 place on our must do list with sticky fingers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 pm 

Since we had such an excellent meal in July at Joe’s we all decided we wanted to go back and it did not disappoint.

We started out with mushrooms filled with crab as an appetizer. Very good and I would order them again.

Doug ordered a steak and it wasn’t bad, but not the best either.

I ordered the coconut shrimp with fries and loved it. Again :lol:

The food and service at Joe’s was very good and for this reason we give them an A. We will return.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:43 pm 

Deanna, I wonder if you could answer a question for me? Is Joe's Crab Shack kid friendly? I had heard somewhere that there might be a place for children to play while waiting. Did you see anything like that?
Angela

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm 

Angela,

Joes Crab Shack is very kid friendly. There were several families close to us while we were eating. I did see the outdoor playground located at the back of the restaurant facing Lake Broadway. I am not sure if it was open yet, but I do remember thinking that is very nice for families that have to wait during busy season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 am 

Thank you so much!! Sometimes our high-energy grandson (who was 2 when we went a few weeks ago) needs to play while we eat and someone will take him. It's nice to know of a place that he could do that.
Angela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm 

we live close to columbus ohio which has a joe's crabshack. bob is a professional piano tuner and has business meetings there once a month, and we tried the one in columbus. Its ok... can't compare to the one in myrtle beach.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 pm 

This place was one of our least favorites. While it’s fun to be by the water at BATB, the timing of everything was frustrating. Nolan and I were able to watch the boat driving around and play on the playground they have while waiting for the food (our only saving grace). The waiter was really nice, so it was nothing against him. We waited at least 45 minutes for our food and it took about an hour to get our high chair for Morgan?! We were outside and the placement of the tables out there made it feel COLD. I got a new meal that came on one of those pots which had garlic crab, small lobster tail, muscles and corn. None of it was very good. Corey got coconut shrimp which wasn’t bad and Nolan has fish fingers, which was probably the best of all three. We won’t go there again due to the complete overpriced food and terrible accommodations.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014