Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:28 pm 

We decided to keep dinner close by at the Flying Fish at Barefoot Landing. We had read very good reviews and wanted to give it a try. We had a 30 minute wait. Of course any restaurant at Broadway or Barefoot will have a wait this time of evening so I wasn’t surprised. This restaurant is very big and it was packed. I have learned over the years just because a restaurant has tons of patrons doesn’t mean it is good food..

We were seated on the upper level with a beautiful view of Barefoot resort. We were just in time for the sunset which made the view that much sweeter. There were so many boats and activities on the water. What a fun place for dinner.

The restaurant provided a complimentary Mahi Mahi spread that was out of this world. I am not a big fish eater and this was not too fishy. This might very well have been one of my favorite foods for the week. I have to admit I shared with Doug and my mom, but wanted the entire sample to myself.

We ordered hushpuppies and they were good, however not the best I have ever eaten. I would try them again though.

We all three got a salad and I have to say these almost ranked up there with Carolina Roadhouse. Very Good!

My mom and I ordered the crab cakes to share. The portions were huge. There is no way I could have eaten a serving myself. The crab cakes were one of the items that the hostess and our waiter suggested. I was pleased. They were quiet tasty and I would order them again.

Doug got some type of seafood platter and enjoyed his meal.

We would return to Flying Fish. I thought it was very good.

Post subject: Re: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 pm 

I always check the board while I'm at work (I'm in IVT training all day its so boring) and these computers won't ever let me see the pics posted on the board lolz.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:42 am 

It's a shame you can't see the pictures, because the food looks delicious!

Thanks for the review Deanna, it looks like a great place.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote budwash: .....won't ever let me see the pics posted on the board...

:ac41[1]:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the review and photos, Deanna! It looks wonderful.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 pm 

Deanna,

My daughter LOVES that smoked Mahi fish dip at Flying Fish! Just to let you & everyone else know, you can buy it to go (which we've done several times). It comes in what looks like a cardboard soup container (much larger than the little container they give you at the start of a meal). I don't remember the exact price because we haven't gotten it since last summer, but I remember it seemed reasonable for the amount of dip.

Nancy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am 

Oh Nancy, so glad to know that they sell take out of the Mahi dip. It was delicious! That will be on my list for the next Myrtle Beach trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am 

I too thank you Nancy. That dip is good and I will pick some up.
Deanna thanks for the pictures and review. We love this place for Happy Hour but have never been for dinner. Will have to try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 am 

Thanks for the photos!

My parents and I ate here two years ago and we were pleased with our meal as well. I am not a big fish eater myself, but I dug into that dip over and over again :lol: We'll definitely go back the next time we're in MB. I'm glad to hear it's just as good as when I ate there the last time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:40 am 

Just adding on...

We had planned on going for dinner our last night. There was a wait for a table but they said if we could find a table we could eat in the happy hour area. We did find a table and I wish we had know how great happy hour was ahead of time, we wouldn't have ordered dinner. We started with the Mahi Mahi spread with crackers. Goodness that was really delicious! We then ordered a calamari and fried green beans as apps with drinks. They were full size portions :shock: :shock: ! We had already ordered dinner for the three of us or I wouldn't have. These were great large app portions and we seriously could have saved ourselves about $50 by just ordering three of their huge apps and sharing. We could have skipped the main meal altogether but who knew?? The food was really good and this will be our go to spot for Happy Hour maybe even more than once next trip. Two excited thumbs up!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm 

We arrived around 4:30 on Sunday evening and were seated right away. We had a very nice view of the Intercoastal and enjoyed watching boats of all different shapes and sizes pass by. Mike ordered fish and chips which comes with hush puppies and I ordered the fish sandwich with fries and cole slaw. The sandwich is served on a hoagie bun, topped with cheese, bacon, tomato, onion and tarter sauce. It was really good and cooked perfectly. It was a lot of bread though, so the second half lost the bun. Mike said his fish and chips were good as well. We enjoyed the Mahi Mahi dip that Deanna mentioned above. Didn't taste like fish at all and was great with the crackers.

Service and food met our expectations, so we will very likely return.

Vacation pics 2014