Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Creek Ratz
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:50 pm 

During our Spring Break trip in March, we decided to have one night at a seafood restaurant we had never been to. I really wanted to eat in Murrell's Inlet on the Marsh Walk and chose Creek Ratz because (1) they had Teriyaki Chicken Wings and Fried Pickles (Sarah's favorite food in the World), and (2) Because they had the cheapest prices (see my earlier post about having to watch our expenses!).

Sarah did indeed have the Teriyaki Wings and Fried Pickles, and said both were perfect! Being 13 at the time, she went for a non-alcoholic Pina Colada. Misti chose a shrimp Po' Boy, and if you know anything about Po' Boys in New Orleans it is all about the bread. She said the bread was perfect and enjoyed her sandwich. Of course I had to go with the trio basket of Flounder, Shrimp, & Oysters. Creek Ratz is one of the only places I've ever been on the Grand Strand who offered to grill all three of the seafood items. It was FANTASTIC, and the basket include slaw and hushpuppies for $17.95.

The food prices were great, the atmosphere is fun and despite the cold weather and storms coming through, they had a guitar player/ singer outside with a fire going in the firepit. It was just a fun, festive place. The only thing to be careful of is the drink prices. They make up for the low priced food by having high priced drinks, including the beer.

We'll try a few other places on the Marshwalk (I want to go to Dead Dog), but we'd certainly go back to Creek Ratz and would recommend them to anyone.

Scott

Post subject: Re: Creek Ratz
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:41 pm 

Thanks! We have Creek Ratz on our list to visit in August!

What's round on the ends and high in the middle? O-HI-O

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:12 pm 

We hope to visit them on our trip in a few weeks also. My wife and I ate there on a trip about 7 years ago in March also. Great food that evening also.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 pm 

We recently tried Creek Ratz for the first time. We did the burgers and fries thing, not too outgoing this time around. I would say the food is better than average, prices are fair and the servers pretty nice. The band they had playing on the deck was a nice touch, as they did a lot of 80's songs that the wife and I grew up with. And, of course, they have a great view. Overall, I'd give em a B+.