Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 am 

We have always wanted to try this place especially because it is so close by. Well last night was the night. Dave and I ordered the fantail shrimp, one friend ordered regular fried shrimp and his wife ordered a shrimp quesadilla. The place wasn't busy but we did go very early and I am sure the construction out front has had an impact. It is very dark and rustic inside. The service was good and should have been because it wasn't busy but that isn't always the case. All our food was delicious. The fantail shrimp was large and very tender and there were a dozen shrimp in the serving. I liked the coating, it said it was cornmeal and it was very good. Our friend had a mound full of shrimp on his plate. His wife said her quesadilla was one of the best she had ever had. We would definitely go back and were glad we tried it. Our mission this year. Try new places!

Last edited by Christine on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:07 am 

We like Duffy's! Glad you liked it.

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:09 pm 

I was just there for the St Patty Festival, there was no construction then, what is going on?

Duffy St has never let me down, I have eaten at all 3 locations, I like Sea Mountain Hwy the best, this location is truly rustic, Darlenes' son's girlfriend works at this location.

And it is one of about 30 or so places to eat in NMB that offers a discount with the card that the NMB Humane Society sells at the shelter, I know they are adding Dino's and Plantation House of Pancakes also.

Gary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:20 pm 

I've never been! I need to add this to the list!

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & 17!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:28 pm 

Gary, I was referring to the construction at the end of Main St. It hasn't seemed as busy down there but maybe it just seemed like that at the times we have been down there. I actually saw you in the St. Paddy's Day Parade driving around with the cats. Lol. I would have stopped by the booth to say hi but when we went past you hadn't arrived yet and I had purchased a beautiful garden sculpture that was quite big and it was hard enough working my way through the crowd so I didn't get the chance to stop back again. It was an awesome turnout!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:55 pm 

OK, the work your referring to is at the horseshoe, end of Main St where they are putting in new water run-offs out further in the ocean.

I thought you were saying in front of Duffy St on Main :)

You saw me (my car is hard to miss) and I missed you, dang it.

While we sat waiting in the line-up for the parade, the beginning had finished and came past us, there were over 100 entries this year.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm 

Yes, Gary I was referring to the work at the end of Main St. but whenever we have been down there this winter it doesn't seem as busy with people on the street or in the shops so I am assuming it is because of the work going on.
That was one great parade! We thoroughly enjoyed it and the festival on the Main St. as well. We have been many times and it has really grown into quite the deal over the years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm 

We ate at Duffy's for the first time last fall and really liked it. It will be hard deciding between Duffy's and Crab Catchers this summer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:29 am 

Christine, the extreme cold we have had this year I think has a lot to do with people not out and about also :)

Today rain will be here later this afternoon, and some good ones I think and tomorrow all day with possible severe T-storms, Netflix day :)

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:24 am 

We've only visited the Sea Mountain location. It's been on our (must eat) list for maybe 15 years now. Can't remember what year we found Duffy's.
"Rustic" is an improvement. First couple years it was still a "shack". Old two story beach house gutted out and tables installed. I don't think there were two tables or chairs that matched. D├ęcor was like Popeye, Fred Sanford and American Pickers went on three day binge. Had to duck walking though the place to dodge the upside down buckets they used for lampshades. The service was...."Need a table....Pick one and sit down." Napkins were rolls of paper towels and had to get up and go in back for that.......Loved it and been back every trip since.....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:53 am 

Lol!