Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 pm 

I am always up to try new restaurants. I had read alot about Duffy's on the board and knew that I wanted to give it a try. We arrived around 6:30 and it was packed. I guess that was the first good sign :lol: The next good sign was my mom asked a lady sitting outside if the food was good and her response was excellent. Ok, let's do this.

We were finally led inside to be seated and here we are again in one of those questionable places according to my mom. She saw the rustic tables and lawn chairs and gave me the look. I just look at her and say you enjoyed the food at Crab Catchers and this place looks alot better :roll:

Our service was not that great. As a matter of fact is was not good at all. Maybe it was because they were so busy, but that is a major strike with me.

One of Doug's coworkers had encouraged him to order steamed Oysters while we were on vacation. Well here they are....I tasted one and that was enough for me. It wasn't terrible, but I surely wouldn't order them again.

Doug and I ordered a combination of steamed and fried shrimp. It was very tasty.

My mom ordered the crab cakes. She won the prize because they were wonderful.

My sister in law order the shrimp po boy and she loved it.

We enjoyed Duffy's and would try it again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 pm 

In our experience, the Main Street location always has the worst service. But the food is excellent. The new location on Restaurant Row has much, much better service, is brighter and larger (and closer to our hotel, which is a big plus). Alan (Pop) likes the original "shack" on Duffy Street, but I've only been there once.

Glad you enjoyed your food, and thanks for the pictures!

Scott