Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 pm 

Found this restaurant on Restaurant.com. Reviews are either very good or very bad. Has anyone been here? What did you think?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm 

When Lou and Van owned the place in Garden City it was great, since it has moved out to Conway all I can tell you is that it has had many below 90 inspections from DHEC, last month they had an 88, in April a 77 and this has been going on since they moved out there.

There are a number of restaurants I will not eat due to regular DHEC low scores.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

Have to agree with Gary's opinion on this. They used to be located in a dumpy old building in Garden City, but the food was good and it earned the reputation of a "locals' favorite." It was torn down to build new condos. I don't know what happened when they moved to Conway, but maybe someone just quit caring.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:15 am 

Thanks for the replies. I hope to be able to use our restaurant.com coupon on vacation, but I don't want to waste on lousy food.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:08 am 

Luvan’s Old South Fish Camp at 3951 S.C. 701 S. outside Conway had a total of 14 violations of the S.C. Dept of Health and Environmental Control commercial facility codes. Thirteen of the violations are considered critical, and the overall inspection score is a 72.

Not good !!!!!!!! :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:59 am 

Hi Beady, I don;t know when this 72 was, as I stated they have had many less than 90's and I mentioned the last 2.

Many restaurants have received a less than 90 previously and some in the 70's with critical points, one time getting a bad score does not make the restaurant bad, I could name many very good places that have had bad scores, it is when a restaurant receives bad scores over and over that you should be concerned.

By the way, all restaurants have 10 days or so to fix the violations and then are inspected again, yet only for the violations, so everyone, 99% of the year has an A inspection on their door.

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:35 pm 

Looking at the Myrtle Beach Restaurant Review on line reports very recent ...
I read them every week to keep up with the scores and news on there....

Not a place I would want to eat at : Employees washing hands without soap, excessive fruit flies, dead bugs and lizards, missing hood filters, pots and pans stored dirty and more contributed to a Conway fish restaurant earning a C score on its health and safety inspection.