Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:46 am 
Site Admin

In early May, Myrtle Beach dentist Wade Nichols became the new owner of the Bovine’s and Divine Fish House restaurants in Murrells Inlet as part of a settlement agreement reached in a lawsuit Nichols filed against Divine Dining Group owner Jack Divine.

Wally and I had dinner at Wahoo Fish House last night, and it was delicious!

The sign outside has been changed to the new name, but the menu still bears the black circular logo DFH. The website for DivineFishhouse.com has been closed, and it was obvious that this restaurant is still in the midst of completing the changeover.

We were seated at a table with a beautiful view of the Inlet at sunset. Our server was excellent, and we all know how important that can be at any restaurant. He knew the menu, answered our questions and checked back with us several times.

I ordered the Mahi Mahi which was served on a bed of wild rice pilaf containing several shrimp in a delicious creamy sauce This was topped with several asparagus spears. The two filets of oven roasted Mahi Mahi were placed on the top along with some greens. Price 24.95

Wally enjoyed the pan-seared Atlantic Salmon, served over cheese grits with two sauces and several shrimp. All topped with leafy green lettuce. Price 19.95

Naturally we sampled each other's dish. The salmon was cooked to perfection and whatever sauce they used made it quite flavorful.

As you can see from the photos, the presentation of both entrees was beautiful.

It's pricey, but no more so than the other fine dining restaurants on the Marshwalk.

If you want the Inlet view without the fine dining prices, visit Dead Dog Saloon, Creek Ratz or Graham's Landing (reviewed under the Lunch topic.) But for a special night out, Wahoo didn't disappoint our expectations.

And it's always nice to take a Marshwalk stroll after dinner:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:31 am 

Wow, those pictures look great! Nothing I like better than mahi mahi over rice pilaf... unless it is perfectly cooked salmon. And you had BOTH!

Thank you so much for continuing to post restaurant reviews for all of us. And the photos are really, really appreciated.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm 

Thank you Patrish. Great reataurant review. Photos were very good. See you in October I hope.
Judy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:30 pm 

Looks delish! If there is one thing I dislike about our Myrtle Beach vacations it is that North Myrtle is so far away from Murrells Inlet. There are so many places I would like to try there.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:40 pm 

I haven't been here since the name change, but that Mahi Mahi just made my mouth water!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:39 am 

Boy do those plates look fabulous. Almost (!) too good to eat! I just read the story online about the "reorganization." What a mess!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:15 am 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
Night two was Wahoos. Great meal and friendly service. I had the special of triggerfish baked with crab and béarnaise, John had the blacken Mahi, John blue had shrimp, brother had blackened triggerfish, mom had a scallop dish with awesome spicy greens, dad had oysters. We also had two orders of spicy crab sushi.

So the food was great, the view was lovely, and the service attentive BUT I didn't love this place. I don't know why..I just didn't "feel it" .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:50 am 

Laura, when we were there in August last year, I too felt the same way. The food and service were great but it just wasn't a place I'd return to. I don't know why either. Like you said, I just didn't "feel it".