Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lee's Inlet Kitchen
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 am 

I had been to Lee’s Inlet Kitchen many years ago and I remembered the food being good so we decided to give it a try. Lee’s is a family owned business that has been around since the 1940’s. You know when a restaurant has been around that long that they must be doing something right. The atmosphere is old school and to be honest so were the clientele. Lots of senior adults. Of course if the food is good that doesn’t bother me one bit.

Upon being seated they brought us hushpuppies that were delicious. They just might have been better than Drunken Jacks, both are wonderful though! In this pic you can see the onion rings that my sister in law ordered. They were also very good.

I only ordered a salad and was sharing a meal with Doug. He hates that! However, I just can’t eat all that food and it is a waste of money. I was already busting from the hushpuppies. The salad was very good.

Doug ordered a combination shrimp platter. It was a combination of creek shrimp and fantail shrimp. The shrimp were light and not greasy. Very good.

We had a good meal at Lee’s. Of course it was the end of the week and things begin not tasting as good to me. The food and service were good, but I wasn’t totally blown away from the experience. Don’t get me wrong I would go back. It just might not be my first choice.

Post subject: Re: Lee's Inlet Kitchen
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 pm 

What stood out to me with the pics is the neon sign. I don't guess I would recognize Murrel's Inlet at night considering I don't think I've ever been in that area after dark. I have been by Lee's many times and hardly recognized it in the pic with the neon sign lit up. Kind of reminder that summer has came to an end with the days getting so much shorter.

Food looks great and may have to give it a try eventually. With so many choices, it's just hard to try everything that you want to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:14 pm 

It is funny you say that because when we came out of Lee's that night it was just a little after 8 and we all felt like it was midnight. We were ready for bed...Oh my we are getting old :roll: Of course vacation is hard work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:41 pm 
Site Admin

Lee's Kitchen has been in business since 1848, owned and operated by the Lee by the family. That alone says something about this restaurant. They also have quality, consistency, and a lot of local support during the off-season. We've always enjoyed eating there. Thanks for the review and photos, Deanna!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:46 am 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
I am a big fan of Lee's...we eat there at least twice a month.
I love the salad because of the homemade dressing...always get Thousand Island or Blue Cheese...so good.
The hush puppies are by far my favorite of anywhere on the beach.
I do like the onion rings...light and delish!
My must get EVERY TIME is the Inlet Chowder...a spicy red clam chowder. When Lees shuts down for the winter I crave it! My guys are partial to the she crab though.
I used to always get the oysters or cold broiled shrimp but I have discovered a new love this summer...the grouper off the specials menu. I either get it blackened or fried and it is out of this world...a little dab of homemade tarter and I am in heaven!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:18 pm 

[quoteThe atmosphere is old school and to be honest so were the clientele. Lots of senior adults. Of course if the food is good that doesn’t bother me one bit.
][/quote] I'm glad you added the part about it not bothering you one bit. ha...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:29 pm 

I still remember going to Lee's and I bet it has been over 12 years! Like you said, Hushpuppies were delicious and I had the SheCrab soup and it was so awesome. We hadn't been back because we could just never make it there, but it is still one of my favorites.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:47 pm 

Location: Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina (KY in my former life)
The baby had his first lees inlet kitchen hush puppies this week!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 pm 

Atta girl, Laura!!!! Start him out right!!! :hello: :lol: :cheerleader:

Karen in Upstate SC