Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am 
Site Admin

Quote budwash: .....won't ever let me see the pics posted on the board...

:ac41[1]:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the review and photos, Deanna! It looks wonderful.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:10 pm 

Deanna,

My daughter LOVES that smoked Mahi fish dip at Flying Fish! Just to let you & everyone else know, you can buy it to go (which we've done several times). It comes in what looks like a cardboard soup container (much larger than the little container they give you at the start of a meal). I don't remember the exact price because we haven't gotten it since last summer, but I remember it seemed reasonable for the amount of dip.

Nancy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 am 

Oh Nancy, so glad to know that they sell take out of the Mahi dip. It was delicious! That will be on my list for the next Myrtle Beach trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 am 

I too thank you Nancy. That dip is good and I will pick some up.
Deanna thanks for the pictures and review. We love this place for Happy Hour but have never been for dinner. Will have to try it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:47 am 

Thanks for the photos!

My parents and I ate here two years ago and we were pleased with our meal as well. I am not a big fish eater myself, but I dug into that dip over and over again :lol: We'll definitely go back the next time we're in MB. I'm glad to hear it's just as good as when I ate there the last time!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:40 am 

Just adding on...

We had planned on going for dinner our last night. There was a wait for a table but they said if we could find a table we could eat in the happy hour area. We did find a table and I wish we had know how great happy hour was ahead of time, we wouldn't have ordered dinner. We started with the Mahi Mahi spread with crackers. Goodness that was really delicious! We then ordered a calamari and fried green beans as apps with drinks. They were full size portions :shock: :shock: ! We had already ordered dinner for the three of us or I wouldn't have. These were great large app portions and we seriously could have saved ourselves about $50 by just ordering three of their huge apps and sharing. We could have skipped the main meal altogether but who knew?? The food was really good and this will be our go to spot for Happy Hour maybe even more than once next trip. Two excited thumbs up!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm 

We arrived around 4:30 on Sunday evening and were seated right away. We had a very nice view of the Intercoastal and enjoyed watching boats of all different shapes and sizes pass by. Mike ordered fish and chips which comes with hush puppies and I ordered the fish sandwich with fries and cole slaw. The sandwich is served on a hoagie bun, topped with cheese, bacon, tomato, onion and tarter sauce. It was really good and cooked perfectly. It was a lot of bread though, so the second half lost the bun. Mike said his fish and chips were good as well. We enjoyed the Mahi Mahi dip that Deanna mentioned above. Didn't taste like fish at all and was great with the crackers.

Service and food met our expectations, so we will very likely return.

Vacation pics 2014

Post subject: Flying Fish
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:52 pm 

We went to the Flying Fish tonight and ate off the happy hour menu. We had sushi, oysters and shrimp. Lorraine also had the wedge salad. Everything was great along with the service we received in the bar area. Very good deal for an early dinner.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:21 am 

Glad you enjoyed The Flying Fish. We also like going there for Happy Hour. Food and service has always been good and we love the fun atmosphere as it always seems lively with all having a good time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:35 am 

Just went to Flying Fish happy hour (which is from 4-8pm Labor Day - March 30th) What a find ! With the weather so bad, the bar had plenty of seats and the servers were phenomenal. I think we tried everything at least once…. Oysters on the half-shell were small, but delicious and clean. Tuna sushi was also excellent (ended up with 2 orders). Cheese shrimp dip with freshly fried tortilla chips is also a winner with plenty of whole shrimp which are small enough to easily fit on a chip. The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender with a solid BBQ sauce on the side. Fried Green tomatoes topped with grits and shrimp were also over the top. (though the menu said the shrimp were blackened, they weren't…. But didn't make any difference). I had 2 beers which were I think $3 for local pints. Jan had a Long Island iced tea which I wouldn't recommend since it is made from a pre-made mix versus combining all the liquors. Jan also tried a sip of Sangria and said it was too sweet.

Definitely 5 star happy hour.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:48 pm 

We arrived to Flying Fish a little after 5pm. I was bracing myself for a wait but there wasn't any. :nanner: We were seated upstairs. The upstairs room was pretty full - we took the last table available. We were seated right by the server station. It wasn't the most ideal spot because we felt like we were in the way. It was a bit cramped and got pretty hectic when the servers were trying to put in their orders. Our server was friendly and welcoming. As soon as the complimentary mahi mahi dip hit the table, I dug in! My parents aren't too fond of it. Oh well - more for me! :hello: I had a couple of bites and decided to save the rest for lunch the next day. We ordered a hush puppies appetizer. They came out cooked to perfection, steaming hot and crispy. For our entrees, my parents chose the "Build Your Own Boil" - 1 1/4 pound snow crab (2 clusters), red skinned potatoes, yellow corn, pecan smoked sausage, all topped with Old Bay. I opted for the Classic Chicken Sandwich, which was grilled chicken breast, BBQ sauce, Applewood bacon, cheddar cheese, fried onions, lettuce, tomato, with fries, coleslaw and a pickle. Our food was great, as always! We've never had a bad meal here, or bad service. This restaurant stayed crowded consistently and it's easy to see why!

Mahi Mahi dip

Hush Puppies appetizer

Classic Chicken Sandwich (grilled chicken breast, BBQ sauce, Applewood bacon, cheddar cheese, fried onions, lettuce, tomato, with fries, coleslaw and a pickle)

"Build Your Own Boil" (1 1/4 pound snow crab (2 clusters), red skinned potatoes, yellow corn, pecan smoked sausage, topped with Old Bay)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:25 pm 

Edit: I posted in the wrong thread - sorry! I meant to post here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15244&p=115687#p115687

Last edited by Sun Waves Sand on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Oh...that looks wonderful. Thanks for adding the photos! Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and welcome back to the beach.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:44 am 

I am having such fun reading all your reviews!! Thank you!!