Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chesapeake House
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 am 

Co-worker just got back from their first trip to Myrtle Beach. Their family had a wonderful meal at the Chesapeake House, and he gave it a great recommendation. I'm always open to trying new places, and haven't been to the Chesapeake House. Did a quick search here for info, and a few people posted in trip reports that they really loved the food there, but didn't go into much detail. As I'm planning meals for our August trip, I'd like to hear some opinions on the Chesapeake House Restaurant.

Post subject: Re: Chesapeake House
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:28 am 
Forum Support

I have never heard of the Chesapeake House, so I went & googled.

http://www.thechesapeakehouse.com/index.html

Menu looks good! I'll add it to our maybe list.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 am 
Site Admin

We had dinner there once when people we knew from Roanoke were vacationing here and wanted to meet somewhere for dinner. I usually tell friends that they should choose a restaurant they want to try, and these friends said they have always liked Chesapeake House. I remember thinking dinner was good (not exceptional) the server was attentive, and there is a nice view of a small lake in the back. Since this time, I've heard they have good early bird dinners, if you can go between 4 -6.

The only reason we have not been back is that with only two of us, eating out is pretty much a spur of the moment thing, and we don't want to drive 15 to 20 miles unless we have something else to do in that area.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:40 pm 

We have been to the Chesapeake House a few times and loved it. Gave my daughter a gift certificate for dinner ,she said that her waitress was so occupied with a large party of people at one table,that the service was terrible. very disappointed this happened. drinks were never refilled, no rolls, forgot one side dish, never asked if they wanted dessert, just horrible!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:15 pm 

We have been to the Chesapeake House several times in the past and considered going again last week. The food and service have always been good enough for us to return. One of my favorite things is the little cinnamon rolls they bring before the meal. Yummy...Always good to begin the meal with dessert :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:36 am 

I can not believe after all the years we have been going to MB we never ate here!! It was wonderful. We ordered off the early bird menu and everyone was delighted with their food. Service was perfect and the view lovely. Would we go again...ABSOLUTELY! Every early bird entree included the bread basket, salad, entree, and choice of side. I included the early bird menu pic sorry it's a bit blurred!

Early Bird Menu

Bread Basket with Cinnamon Rolls

Early Bird Shrimp Special with sweet potatoes fries

View from our seat