Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Driftwoods
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:33 pm 

Had great food at Driftwoods this year. Had not eaten there before and tried it out based on Gary's recommendation. Pretty much Murrel's inlet quality fresh seafood without the price (or view). Free hush puppies as an appetizer were great. Love the sweet hush puppies that I only get in MB. Plenty of butter and an unlimited supply of hush puppies. Could just about make a meal on these. They also have some kind of seafood spread on the tables that you eat on crackers. Even my non-seafood eating kids enjoyed this spread. Have no idea what was in it, but it was great.
Early bird entrees (4-6) cost around $13 and that includes entree, a non-alcholic beverage, and dessert. I had the fried shrimp and scallops and baked potato. Enjoyed all the items. Non-early bird entrees range between $13 -$17. I think the largest seafood platter was around $17 which would be a $30+ item at most places on the inlet. They also have senior discounts and a dinner for two seafood platter which was around $27. They have sandwiches, pasta, steaks, prime rib, etc.. if you don't like seafood.
Driftwoods will now be an annual stop for us. Can't beat the price for the quality of food. It is located on 707 and is not far off of bypass 17.