Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:03 pm 

Lobster House Seafood Restaurant | 5301 S Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29575 | https://mylobsterhouse.com

My parents were in the mood for seafood, so we decided to try Lobster House since we were in the area. This restaurant used to be called King Crab Buffet. We came in on a Monday, a little after 6pm. We were seated immediately. There were quite a few tables taken up. We sat with our menus for what seemed like a long time. Our server finally came over to take our order. A few minutes later, she came back with biscuits. Both my parents ordered the $19.99 seafood trio. There are quite a few options to pick from.

Service was average. She was polite. She came over once for refills, but didn’t ask how the food was. I needed a spoon, but she was nowhere to be found, so I asked an employee walking by our table. She looked at me as if I had two heads and said she’d let our server know. By the time I got a spoon, I didn’t need one anymore.

Overall, I’m not sure if we’d be back. There were things we liked and things we didn’t. It was an average meal — not terrible, but not the best we’ve had.

Biscuits. They were burnt, dry, and tasteless. I wish we would have requested new ones because the biscuits at the other tables looked a heck of a lot better.

Soup of the Day - Chicken, rice, veggie soup. I enjoyed it.

$19.99 Seafood Trio - Crab Cake, Lobster Bites (heavy chunks of lobster meat, lightly breaded, fried), 5oz sirloin (USDA Choice sirloin steak, hand-cut), side of rice pilaf. The menu said the crab cake was “big lumps of crab meat”. There were a few lumps but the cake was pretty thin and most of the crab was shredded. He liked the rice pilaf. The lobster bites. He thought the steak was a little overcooked.

$19.99 Seafood Trio - Flounder (fried or baked), Lobster Bites (heavy chunks of lobster meat, lightly breaded, fried), 5oz sirloin (USDA Choice sirloin steak, hand-cut), side of rice pilaf. My mom liked the lobster bites and the rice pilaf. The flounder was pretty thin. She thought the sirloin was okay.

Chicken Breast Double, side of macaroni and cheese. The chicken breast was delicious. The chicken was moist and juicy. It was seasoned well. I loved it. The macaroni and cheese was pretty terrible. The noodles were fine, but the cheese sauce was thin and runny and had an odd taste to it. The taste wasn’t bad, just odd.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:27 am 
Site Admin

I'm so glad I read this review because I won't be wondering anymore if we should go there. Crossed it off the list. Thank you....especially for the photos!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:20 am 

How could any restaurant serve those biscuits?? I am with Patrish. Off my list too. Thanks for posting.