Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Claw House
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:53 pm 

The Claw House | 4097 US-17 BUS, Murrells Inlet, SC 29576 | https://www.theclawhouse.com/

Front of the building (there's a ramp not pictured to the left)

Awesome fish tank inside. This was featured on Animal Planet's show "TANKED"

Front of the menu

Back of the menu

Cup of Lobster Bisque with crackers (homemade lobster stock and cream) - Delicious! Huge chunks of lobster

"Naked" Lobster Roll Sandwich (freshly picked, chilled lobster meat stuffed in a grilled split top bun) with a drizzle of butter, with fries and a pickle - Divine. What a lobster roll should be! Huge chunks of lobster with a little butter on a grilled bun. Fries were great.

Tuna Melt (house blend of albacore tuna salad, provolone cheese) on toasted sourdough bread with fries and a pickle - Your basic tuna melt but it was good. The bread was toasted perfectly and the tuna was good. I loved the fries.

Wall decor

Seafood Market menu

My parents and I dined in on a Sunday around 1pm. We were seated immediately. It wasn't too crowded inside. The outside area was packed. The deck outside is climate controlled and there's a horseshoe shaped oyster bar. The restaurant is beautiful inside. The service was just okay. Our server was very polite, but wasn't that attentive. Perhaps he had other tables out on the deck, as that's where most of the servers were. Of the three tables occupied inside, he had ours and one other table. He was more attentive with the other table he was serving, possibly because they kept ordering drinks. We had to ask for refills twice. It took 25 minutes to get my soup. I don't know if he forgot to put it in or never picked it up from the kitchen. Our food arrived almost immediately after I got my soup. Overall, we would definitely return. Although the service left much to be desired, the food was great and it was my mom's favorite meal during the 9 days we stayed at the beach. She's still talking about that lobster roll and we've been home for weeks!

Post subject: Re: The Claw House
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:30 pm 

I think the service in late season might get more efficient as far as not messing up an order, but I also think some of the servers might be worn out from the peak tourist season. Money probably isn't as good and motivation might be lacking. Food looked great.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 am 

OH MY GOODNESS! I want that Lobster Bisque and Lobster Roll in my mouth now...though it is only 7:02 am!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for this review! The food looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall