Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:00 pm 

Hi my name is Vicki
I am trying to plan a trip for my family in July but I need to book from Thursday to Wednesday. We have never been on a relaxing family vacation before. There are 7 of us. 5 adults and 2- 16 yr old girls. The only thing that we really would like is Ocean View and short walk to beach.
Can anyone help me??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:42 pm 

Any of the hotels/resorts will allow you to book this type of stay. However, anyone on vrbo.com, homeaway.com and even real estate companies will not even consider your request for June, July and August. Myrtle Beach is predominantly a saturday-saturday based vacation destination.

If you would like to browse through some of our personal favorite resorts, we'll be happy to assist you. Cheers!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks, Phroggy! I think you're right about the Sat. to Sat. rates in the summer.

Vicki, this link may help you. I've been cobbling it together for the last 10 years, showing resorts by area.
http://funbeaches.com/condos_rentals.html

Because we live here, we never stay at the hotels/condos, so I seldom try to answer questions like this. But tonight I'm sitting here with a little time on my hands so I pulled out Dayton House (top right column) just to see what I could come up with arriving on a Thursday staying through a Tuesday in July.

I chose Thursday July 11 through Tuesday July 16 - 6 nights
The results for 5 adults and two 16-yr. olds at Dayton House came up with room/suite choices of prices ranging from $500.00 per day to $700.00 per day.

Then I checked Caribbean, and asked for 4 rooms for those same dates and came up with a deluxe oceanfront 4-BR condo for $1,596. per day (includes 24% discount.)

Then I thought about renting a beach house since I don't mind spending your money. LOL! Dunes Realty and Garden City Realty only rent by the week (as Phroggy mentioned.) I had better luck with Condolux (http://www.myrtlebeachluxuryrentals.com/) who will rent me a 5 bedroom 4 bath ocean front condo for the chosen dates. $4,199.

So you should be able to find something in July for just the days you want.

Hopefully some other people will come along with more suggestions for you. As you narrow down your choices, I'm sure our members will also be able to help with a decision.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:01 pm 

thank you for your help
i believe we just booked at ocean creek plantation. crossing our fingers hoping we get a reply that or reservation was accepted.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:36 pm 

Ocean Creek is a lovely resort and you won't be disappointed. We all hope you enjoy your stay on the north end!! Cheers!!!