Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Part-timer from Kentucky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:35 pm 

Greetings, everyone. We're from Lexington, Kentucky, but bought a condo in Surfside a year and a half ago. Actually, we had no intentions of buying anything. But, if many of you recall, the winter two years ago was quite bad in many parts of the U.S. My birthday is in February, and a few days before, we saw that Myrtle Beach was having some very decent weather, so we went down as a last-minute whim just to get out of the cold. We were sitting in a restaurant having breakfast, and was reading one of those real estate books where numerous foreclosures were listed...some with unbelievable prices. So we went to take a look, and we were hooked!

The one we purchased required quite a bit of work, but it was worth it. We love having a "beach house," even though it's not technically on the beach, lol. As a matter of fact, we loved it so much that we spent more time than we expected, and we've been able to share it with family and friends. So we decided to get one a little bigger, and now have two. But carrying two properties is a little tough, so we've put the smaller one into a rental program. Time will tell how that goes....

Anyway, happy to be here. And happy to find a website that also has other condo/vacation home owners. Perhaps we can share resources...like recommendations for local plumbers, a/c repairs, handymen, etc? We've already had need for them, but are a little unfamiliar at the moment.

BTW, it's 50 degrees here in Kentucky today, and 80+ at the beach! Summer lingers on! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to our message board! Over the years (from 2002) we've had many members who eventually move their residence to Myrtle Beach. They were very active on the board before their move, but the general trend seems to be that once people move here, they lose interest in board participation. I guess they had all their questions answered, or found it easier to get local information from new neighbors, church, local organizations, etc.

Of course this is not true of all of them. We still have several locals who participate often, and I'm grateful for that. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. In the meantime, enjoy your new beach home! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 am 

Patrish, thanks. I'm really enjoying this site. Over the last year or so, I've been on several...mostly travel websites/forums. This has a friendlier, more local feel to it. Seems that quite a few people are "regulars," who visit frequently, or at least try to.

Thank you for your time, and dedication to this site. There's just something about the MB area that is special!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:27 pm 

Golf Colony 3D wrote:
This has a friendlier, more local feel to it.

Amen! Glad to have you joining us, and there are some truly wonderful people assembled here at FunBeaches. Definitely more friendly and more helpful folks than on any other forum, thanks to Patrish.

Scott