Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm 

Hi all! my name is Melissa and we are from Cincinnati, Ohio. I absolutely love this board! :cheerleader: I have quietly stalked it for the past year. Our family has been traveling to Myrtle Beach for the past 11 years. My husband and his family have been going since he was little. It is definately our second home. We have 2 boys, ages 4 and 5 and they have become beach babies as well!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:21 pm 

Welcome to the board. Really nice to see that you are going to start posting now. When are you going this year? I would think we would take a similar route to the beach, and may be able to help each other on possible construction or maybe give some gas price tips depending on who goes to the beach first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm 

HI Melissa, welcome to the board. One thing we all have in common is our love for the beach. Looking forward to your future posts.
Judy/Pigeon Forge, TN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:46 pm 

Thanks all! We usually go down the last full week of June. We have always gone down the same route, but are thinking of trying a different way this year. Always have gone 64 to 77 and down through Charlotte. It's the long way around, :BandHead: but that's the way my hubby's family always went and we knew it so well we just kept going that way. My brother and sister in law always go down 75 south to Knoxville and cut over. We may try that this year. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm 

Welcome to the BEST forum for the Grand Strand! Lots of great people here, and everyone is always happy to have new posters with new opinions, advice and experiences. I look forward to reading about your favorite restaurants and great Myrtle Beach experiences.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:10 pm 

Thanks Scott. I have loved reading this forum. I tried to register last summer and my computer went kaplooey. So I don't really know what took me so long to get back on here and register. I was reading today and thought good grief, I need to sign up, these people are my kind of people! By the way, my hubby is a HUGE WVU fan. (Well, he kind of followed the Bob Huggins bandwagon there, but that's another story here in cincy. :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for deciding to take the plunge and sign up, Melissa. You have joined a very special group of people. I have been very fortunate to meet many of them personally, and I value their opinions and suggestions. Feel free to ask questions, or tell us of your experiences.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 pm 

Hi Melissa,

So glad you decided to join us. If you have been going to Myrtle Beach for 11 years I am sure you have lots of good beach knowledge to share.

Being a Tennessee girl I have a question about the route that your brother and sister in law take...you said they take 75 south to Knoxville do you know where they cut off in Knoxville??? Do you mean they go through Atlanta?? We live a little bit over an hour south of Knoxville and we always take 75 north to 40 and then over the mountain. Just curious :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:00 pm 

Welcome aboard. This is a fantastic place to be!!

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 pm 

Hi Deanna. I think that they do take 40 over. I will have to ask them. We have never gone that way, they swear they can make it from here to Myrtle Beach in about 10 hours going that way. Granted they don't have any kids and they don't make alot of extra stops, but we've never made it in less than 12 hours. They normally just set the GPS and follow it, but I will see if they remember the route.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 pm 

peanut18 wrote:
Thanks all! We usually go down the last full week of June. We have always gone down the same route, but are thinking of trying a different way this year. Always have gone 64 to 77 and down through Charlotte. It's the long way around, :BandHead: but that's the way my hubby's family always went and we knew it so well we just kept going that way. My brother and sister in law always go down 75 south to Knoxville and cut over. We may try that this year. Any thoughts?

I would take this route if coming south on 75. http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11810
It will save you about 30 miles and is four lanes the entire way. We are about 3 hours from Cincy and it takes us 7 hours to get to the beach. Pretty much would be a 10 hour trip with the right traffic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 am 

Hi, and welcome to the board! :nanner:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am 
Forum Support

Hi Melissa! Welcome to the board. Glad you finally joined us!

~ Melissa (Yup I'm also Melissa)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm 

Hey Melissa -- I have a niece, Melissa, in Cincy with 2 boys! :) Welcome. We try all kinds of routes. I don't like going through Charlotte, but we are coming from a different part of OH, than you. Love MB!

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994