Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:11 am 

At our kids (and grandkids) prompting, we have purchased tickets for this show during our upcoming vacation. The YouTube videos look pretty impressive. Has anyone gone to this show?

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:58 pm 

No, but can't wait for your report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:32 pm 

I will be sure to include it Scott. Tickets are for the Sept 14th show.

Vacation pics 2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 am 

Those of you who watch America's Got Talent might have seen Carl Michael on the show earlier this year. He did several card tricks at the judges table and also did a trick where he had 4 foam cups on a table, one of them had a solid metal spike under it, (sharp point up) but which one of the cups, he didn't know because he would have a guest move the cups around. He would slam his hand down on the cups one by one and fortunately, not the one that the spike was under. He did that trick and a lot of other amazing illusions, card tricks, etc. It was really a good show and very interactive. There were 2 kids in the crowd and he did a nice job of including them and made sure each of them had a special souvenir to take home. We felt it was very much worth the $20 per ticket. There is a 2 item minimum order per person of food and/or drinks and it can be 2 drinks. The venue is small, maybe holds maybe 100 or so people. Seating is at small round tables or chairs at small bars with all seating facing the small stage. I doubt there is a bad seat there.

We did get to speak with Carl a little after the show and got some insight on how America's Got Talent is run behind the scenes. It just so happened that friends of his were going to be in town over the weekend and called him up to see if he could do a couple of shows, so it was quite by chance that we were able to see him.

Guests were offered 2 free tickets to a comedy show for later in the week. We took 2 but will see as the week goes on if we get to use them or not.

Vacation pics 2014