Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:13 pm 

Lynda and I always look at what is on at Coastal Carolina, we recently went to their show "Anything Goes" and it was as good as the "The One Show" at the Alabama, also anything on there with Dan O'Reilly is worth attending. We have also been to a couple of shows at Carolina Forest High School and both were excellent, the last one, "Rockin'Country" had 6 choirs and some brilliant individual singers. Socastee High School also put on a good show "Rock in the USA," I would suggest that a study of the local paper could give you a good night out.
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 pm 

Chris and I have also been to a lot of performances at Coastal Carolina Univ. over the years. It has always been an enjoyable experience. The last few years we have gone to a few shows at Carolina Forest High School. We are so impressed with the talent and energy of the students. The past two years we have seen Panther Idol which is their school talent show. It is a fun experience as the audience chooses the winners. Also the Christmas Show at Carolina Forest is excellent.
Judy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm 

Again I attended the Carolina Forest High School to listen to a performance by their Show Choir and some of their other choirs. The Show Choir had recently been to DisneyWorld in Orlando for a contest against 30 other school choirs and had come out as winners. A very good evening's entertainment, if you get the opportunity to attend a show at the school go.
Peter (Happy Hacker)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:32 am 

Lynda and I went to see the Socastee High School presentation of "Stars and Stripes" on Thursday 25th October, really enjoyed it, a good evenings entertainment including a finale of My Land, This Land is Your Land and God Bless America.

On the Saturday evening we went to the Carolina Forest High School for "Rocking in the Tropics" what can one say, a brilliant evening, the Show Choirs must put in so much work to put on such a performance, it was also nice to have some juniors being given the opportunity to have their own spot in a selection from "the Muppets."

Of particular note was "I will Survive" and the finale from "The Lion King." Anyone who is Myrtle Beach at the time of any of their concerts or shows must take the opportunity of going, they will have an enjoyable evening.

Peter