Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PLACE TO STAY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm 

Planning our first trip to MB, would like to stay in the NMB area as I understand it is quieter. Can anyone suggest a good realtor for rental homes, ocean front, or good condos to stay at? We are a family of 4, 2 adults, 1 son 17, 1 daughter 16 (and usually a friend of daughter's also 16). We are looking at the 3rd week of August 2013 (yes I know it's early but I know nothing about the area so starting early). Used to spending $1,000 - 1500. for a week. Appreciate any suggestions/info. THANKS! Jeff

Post subject: Re: PLACE TO STAY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:23 pm 
Forum Support

The North end of Myrtle Beach is also quiet. Around 68th - 77th Ave. Then you also have the chunk between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle which is also quiet.

http://www.funbeaches.com/condos_rentals.html
Monterey Bay Suites, Ocean Reef, & The Caravelle are nice.

I will let someone else fill you in on places to stay condo wise.

BTW, Welcome and its never too early to start planning!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:00 pm 

I was so confused as I know I responded to you and I thought there were 5 people, then I figured it out it was on another forum and you did say 5 :) This is the better and more active one as you can see.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sorry, I wasn't logged soon enough to catch the two postings before both had answers. I'll just leave them both and y'all can sort it out. (I'm getting so laid back in my old age!) :roll:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:53 pm 

Elliott Realty and Thomas Century 21 would be the largest rental operations in NMB. Couple others but these two have the largest inventories.Between those two I think Elliott has the most to choose from The few times I've compared units in same building Elliott seemed to have lower rates.

Look on Funbeaches for link to SkyTour. Would give you some idea of area you're looking at. Hasn't been updated for several years. some of the newer places aren't on there.

Your larger resorts would be Wydham's Towers On The Grove and Wyndham Ocean Blvd. Also you would have MarVista, Avista, Prince Resort and North Beach Plantation. (big bucks)

Dozens of other large to medium sized buildings. To many to try to name.

Four sections of beach in NMB.
Windy Hill is at south end. Little for the teens. Maybe a small bar and grill to hang out at.
Cresent Beach. Small hub of businesses at intersection. Couple beach shops and a snack bar.
Ocean Drive. Main Street is hub of Ocean Drive. Several beach shops and snack shops. Couple bar and grills the teens might not be able to hang out at but could probably enjoy the live music from the sidewalk. Small amusement park sets up in summer. Might be lame for teens.
Cherry Grove. At south end of Cherry Grove is cluster of businesses. Groceries, dining, beach shops. Also a bike rental outfit that rents kayaks for either ocean or the marsh.

NMB is less congested than MB. Easy drive to MB for the two or three nights you want to head that way and explore. Can follow RT 17 south and see pretty much everything there is along Grand Strand but traffic can be very slow.
Short drive out Main Street in Ocean Drive or RT 9 out of Cherry Grove you can be on RT 31 and in downtown Myrtle in about half an hour. (or less depending on time of day)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:47 am 

Wanted to thank everyone for the input & info. Def. gives me a "direction" and places to look at. Pop the info. on the neighborhoods was helpful. I am sure there will be a many more questions. Again THANKS! Jeff

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:11 pm 

Definitely tuning in late here, but if you're ever returning to the area you should check out some places rented out by Seaside Vacations (http://www.seasidevacations.com). They have a bunch of oceanfront and oceanview condos and houses in the Grand Strand worth looking into. I think rentals range in size from one to eight rooms but you'd have to double check. My neighbors used them for a family reunion at the beach and stayed at this awesome place in Little River with no complaints.