Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arcadian Dunes/Shores
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:50 pm 

Has anyone ever rented @ Arcadian Dunes in Myrtle Beach? We're toying with renting for the winter next year; while we're in MB this winter, we thought we'd go look at an available rental, but I'd like to know from anyone who's rented there how they liked it: the units, the grounds, the other folks, anything at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:51 am 

I can understand your leaving the Cape during the winter :)

Growing up we had 2 places on the Cape, on in Dennisport on Old Wharf Rd and the other in Yarmouth on Follins Pond Rd and my grandparents had a place and my other grandmother lived in Falmouth year around, she and her best friend owned and ran the Paraphernalia there and on the Vineyard.

If I can help y'all with anything let me know

Gary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:17 am 

Do you know anything about Arcadian Dunes?

The Cape can be horrible in the winter or not so bad, it's kind of a crap shoot with the weather. I'm just really glad we're able to choose to leave from mid November to the end of March. And I love Myrtle Beach. And I love the place we have been going to, just getting a bit expensive. :sunny:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:28 pm 

We stayed at the Arcadian Dunes in July of 2010. It is a very nice complex located 2-3 blocks from the beach. It has a clubhouse, two large pools (one heated), hot tub. a tennis court, and a restaurant/bar. The units are all the same -- 2 bedrooms (good size), 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen with stove, dishwasher, oven, etc., and either a small balcony or screened in porch that connects with the master bedroom and living room. There are charcoal grills scattered throughout the community. Security is very tight -- our pool passes were checked regularly and notes were left on cars without parking passes. We were very pleased with our unit which was one of the furthest from the beach, but was very clean and well stocked.

We usually stay Oceanfront, but very much enjoyed our stay. Super Walmart was right up the street and it was a short drive just about anywhere.

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 pm 

[quote][/quote]Thank you so much for the detailed report, just what I was hoping for. We're going to look at one while we're in MB this winter to rent hopefully for the following winter.

Again, thank you so much for the detailed report. Love this foru :lol: m!