Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm 

Our rental house this year was CARRIAGE HOUSE. WE rented through Old Colony Realty. We have used this company for the past 8 or so years. We have nothing but great things to say about them. Carriage House is located at 711 Dogwood Drive, Surfside Beach, SC. It is classified as a short walk to the beach...and it is...walk out of the house...turn right...walk up the street to beach access...very close...we only do oceanfront some years ...to save money.

The house does have a pool and parking spaces for 4 vehicles...it is not a raised house...unfortunately, I did not think to take any photos...but the photos on the realty site are accurate.
It is a four bedroom, 3 bath...one bedroom and bath are downstairs...the others are up... the master bedroom is large...with a large clothes closet, and two closets with shelves...you walk down a hallway with the closets to the vanity and toilet...there is a sit down vanity next to the sink vanity...no tub in here but a huge walk in shower with two shower heads...i think it is described as a roman shower...there is a covered porch off the master...with lights and a ceiling fan...also a fusball table...this porch faces the road...there is another uncovered deck off of the master...it is big...but in the sun most of the day...overlooks the pool...and the neighbors...and the AC unit is there...we did not use this deck.

The other 2 bedrooms have a day bed/w/trundle...twin beds and a full bed...the bath is a Jack & Jill bath...the only bathtub in located here...the washer and dryer are located off one of these bedrooms...strange place but it is a large laundry room and worked for us...full size amana washer and dryer...and a closet in there too

The downstairs bedroom had two twin beds...the bathroom is right next door...it has no tub ...just 3 piece bath with a walk in shower...

all the bedrooms had ceiling fans and TVs...all in working order...they have Spectrum cable...which is always confusing to us...as we have DISH...no cable here in the sticks...every year we seem to have trouble with what ever cable there is...but the realty always sends someone right out to tutor us in cable 101...lol...

The living room...dining area...kitchen...are all open concept...really large...two huge sofas...one is a sleeper...but my daughter tried it and said the mattress was way too uncomfortable...so she bunked in with me...also a comfy wicker rocker in the LR...The dining area had one of the largest tables I have seen...with a bench on the wall side and chairs along the other...no trouble seating 10 or more...two stools at the kitchen counter...there is a high chair...

The kitchen has all needed appliances, dishes, utensils...we loved the refrigerator...first time in a rental that we a one with in the door water and ice...and it made plenty of ice...

The back door goes to the pool area...you can get there from the front of the house, as well...plenty of pool chairs...and a glass topped table and chairs under roof...and a nice porch swing...ceiling fan too...pool noodles and some other pool toys...

All in all it was a great rental...we had looked at this house before but never rented it...we had a different rental for this year but it sold in November...and the new owners did not want to use it as a rental...Old Colony was so helpful in aiding us to find something we could afford...fit our number of people...and still be in walking distance to the beach...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for your review of the Carriage House! It sounds perfect for your "girlfriend" vacation.

We rented something similar, 1 block off the beach (no problem) in Garden City for a family reunion several years go. Some of the relatives stayed in our house and the remainder at the beach house. I still remember having so much fun!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:22 pm 

It really was perfect for us...but now we are back to "reality"