Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:07 am 

How does one obtain some decent coupons to Medieval Times?

That $47.95 per adult is rediculous...guess people are paying it or they wouldn't be in business.

Would appreciate guidance on how to make this event more affordable. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 am 

Check with your hotel. Many of them have packages. But don't expect to find too much of a discount. $47 for dinner and a show is actually considered pretty reasonable... especially for the caliber of show they perform. Most shows cost $35 to $45 per person in Myrtle Beach, but most of them do NOT include dinner.

Some examples include:
The Dixie Stampede costs $46.40 for regular seating, and $51.93 for Preferred Seating. This show also includes dinner.

"One, the show" at Alabama Theater does NOT include dinner. Their ticket prices range from $35 in the balcony to $46 up front.

The Carolina Opry and Good Vibrations show range from $35 to $50 per ticket, and they also do NOT serve dinner.

Prices for Le Grand Cirque at the Palace Theater are $35 to $45 per person and also do NOT include a meal.

So, if you compare Medieval Times to all of the other theaters, $47 is not really that expensive since you get a full meal, and a show.

If you really, really want to see Medieval Times, and your budge is really tight, you could always sit through a Timeshare presentation that has free Medieval Times tickets as a reward. I don't think I could sit through a timeshare presentation, but that's just me.

Good luck, and if you do go to see Medieval Times, I hope you truly enjoy it. It's one of our family's favorite shows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:29 pm 

WVParkfan wrote:
Check with your hotel. show range from $35 to $50 per ticket, and they also do NOT serve....

Excellent information! The facts you provide are especially appreciated.

Think I would rather pay $100 each than sit through another timeshare presentation (the last one in Orlando nearly cost me my marriage as the wife was totally upset with me - wasting 3 hours of our vacation for $100 - then to face that continual pressure from that guy - talk about mad when we wouldn't buy. I didn't think we were going to get out alive. All this from a guy that said he wanted to be my best friend 3 hours earlier.

You know that guy asked where would be my favorite place in the world to visit in a once in a lifetime opportunity. The wife said Hawaii then I said Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach - that guy didn't think I was serious - wife started laughing and said no he isn't kidding as he loves that place. Everyone needs to earn a living and I take pity on those folks but not when they really show anger to some honest slob that doesn't have tons of money. Plus one can buy timeshares over the internet for pennies on the dollar.

Thanks for the info - guess we will pay the price afterall to see those horses run around. Assume it's about the same as the Medieval Times in California so will give it a try in MB and enjoy it after reading your comments!

Last edited by hoseman on Fri May 15, 2009 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

:ac41[1]:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:33 pm 

That was a great post. I could never do that either. They always have the time share people in the lobby when we come and they always say "come to XXXX place tomrrow for 3 hours and you will get XXXX!!" We just look at each other and say no thank you, we aren't interested. They can be pushy though! We almost thought about doing it one year at the thought of maybe getting something good free out of the deal but your post made me very happy we didn't!! :nanner:

Patricia Grand: 2007 (Honeymoon), 2008, 2009 & 2010
No 2011 MB visit - Son Nolan born 4/20/11!
Meridian Plaza: 2012
Caravelle: Spring 2013 - Daughter Morgan born 8/7/13!
Bluewater Resort: 2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:58 pm 

Excited to see this show.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:04 am 
Site Admin

I just picked up the new Monster coupon book. There's a coupon for Medieval Times, good until the end of 2009:

$4.00 off adult
$2.00 off child

Must mention code MC09. Off regular price. Expires 12/30/09. Not valid with other offers or for Special Events and Holidays. Valid at Myrtle Beach location only. Monster Coupon.

You can pick up the free Monster book at most grocery stores, Wal-Marts, pharmacies, restaurants, and accommodations.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm 

patrish wrote:
You can pick up the free Monster book at most grocery stores, Wal-Marts, pharmacies, restaurants, and accommodations.

Or, get the Monster book online:
http://themonstercouponbook.com/jos/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:19 pm 

You guys have provided a super response to my question - very much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:01 pm 

My favorite one was when my wife and i were walking down the street and the guy asks us if we are a married couple.I replied yes and he says great yada- yada -yada then i replied just not to each other.Some people have no sense of humor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:06 pm 

Z - Wish I could think on my feet like that - love the response! I'm going to use that next week should the occasion arise. My wife won't let me forget me dragging her to that timeshare presentation. Monster coupons here we come!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:01 am 

Went to Medieval Times the other night - fantastic show - our yellow guy whooped them all!

Coupons - stopped at the visitors center - the one with the 14 foot galigator on 501 - no Monster books on display in the lobby so we asked the desk person where was Monster? She had it behind to counter after asking us to attend a timeshare presentation to see the show free - no thanks very politly we responded. Get this - no coupon for Medieval (it was a brand new Monster book also)? Happened to pick up another Monster book at Ocean Lakes and on page 11 there was the Medeival coupon?
The visitors center had torn out the coupon before giving us the book it appears. Makes one wonder what goes on doesn't it???

Ended up using AAA for a better discount anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:58 pm 
Site Admin

Those so-called "Visitors Centers" are nothing but a front for timeshares (unless they say Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.)

Why would they have the Monster Books hidden? Because they know their popularity and want you to ask so they can give you a sales pitch?

Why would the one and only coupon you want be missing? Well, that I can't figure.

I'm glad you got a better discount with AAA, and even happier to hear you loved the show. Thanks for letting us know.

Post subject: Medieval Times
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 am 

That's a great tip about AAA, didn't know they had discounts for MT's. Yes, back in the day many of the Visitors Centers were actually run by tourism, but not now. Head to the grocery store...they have the best tourist information! LOL

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:27 pm 

Oh forgot to add, yellow won.

Get the goblet beer glass deal for cheaper refills.

Don't take infants to this show as the noise will have them all crying from start to end (that's why we enjoyed the goblet beer glass deal).

The information center with the 14 foot aligator is not on the up and up and Prossers wasn't very good.