Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:07 pm 

Not sure if everyone knows this but Ryan Pelton...the performer who has starred as Elvis for about eight years...has left Legends as of last week. His website and myspace pages say that will be going on the road...moving forward and exploring other opportunities.

I'm happy for him but then again will miss him at Legends...to me he was really the best part of the show...awesome as Elvis. He is widely regarded as one of the best Elvis impersonators out there. And he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:00 pm 

Saw Legends In Concert today for the first time. Although the show for the most part was good, my husband and I were a bit disappointed with "Elvis"...the first part of his concert was somewhat of a letdown, but his second part was better. Understand from some people who were with us today at the show, the former "Elvis" was much better than the new one. I think his name is Kevin Mills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 am 

Rhonda, my parents and I went to Legends in August of '08 and we noticed Ryan was not there. While the other Elvis did a good job, we really enjoyed Ryan's performance as Elvis. It was strange because when the other Elvis came on stage, you could tell people were, disappointed, if that's the word. They still participated and clapped along and whatnot, but there was nowhere near the reaction for him as we thought there would be.

After the show (during the meet and greet) my mother somehow started talking to his manager and he told her that he was leaving the show because he was exploring other opportunities (like you said). He also said Ryan, like many other performers in the show, have been working nonstop so he needed somewhat of a break.