Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:44 pm 

Looking for a new show to see this year. Have been to Alabama and Carolina Opry many times. Looked at the Legends website but I can't see to find the show times. Does anyone know what time the shows are? Is it good? Do you really need to book in advance? Arriving in town on 9/6 and would like to see that night's tribute artists but don't know how exhausted we'll be from driving (13 hrs.) whether we can stay awake for the show. That's why I'd like to make the decision upon arriving early afternoon. If I do what do you think our chances of getting tickets for that night's performance be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:09 pm 
Site Admin

Hummmm....I wonder if you were looking on the right page. Try this one:
http://www.legendsinconcert.com/locations/myrtle-beach/

Set the calendar on the left to September. If you let your mouse hover over the dates, you'll see that all shows start at 8 PM.

They are usually not sold out in September, plus there are always cancellations, so you would probably be able to get a seat the day of the performance.

We've been to Legends more times than I can remember, and we've always enjoyed it. Some of the "tribute artists" are better than others. Some appeal to different age groups. Others, like the Blues Brothers, are timeless. I could watch them every night. The show moves along quickly, and we always leave with the feeling that our money was well-spent.

Hope this helps!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 am 

thank you Patrish, i was actually thinking about taking my parents there this weekend, i wasn't sure about it, but now you made my mind up.... Thanks for the good review..

Monteray Bay -2011
Surfside Beach House- 2013

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:36 pm 

devcoll wrote:
thank you Patrish, i was actually thinking about taking my parents there this weekend, i wasn't sure about it, but now you made my mind up.... Thanks for the good review..

Did you take your parents? We've been to the Legends show and totally loved it. Plan on going probably more than once this winter while we're in MB. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:41 pm 

We attended this year and had mixed reactions. The music was done well, but the characters were not as close in appearance to the actual people, as we would have expected (e.g., one of the Beatles was very short and sported an Eastern European accent). The cost was less than the other bigger MB shows and a discount can be obtained by calling the ticket agency rather than doing things on-line. For example, there is a 10% discount for military and my college daughter's ticket was less than half of the full-priced adult ticket.

In general, we thought that it was an evening well-spent, but not so sure if we would go again. And my kids (21 and 12) really couldn't identify with the performers or their music. The show is really geared to those who either lived in the period ( someone over 50 years of age) when the music was popular or have a keen interest in the music of that era.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:34 pm 

The wife and I went to this show this past August. The show was okay, but not at all what I expected. This should be called more of a comedy show then a music show. Granted everything they do is musical, but they do it in a manner that it is more humorous then serious. If you are looking for well done musical impersonations, this is not the show for you. If you are looking for spoof impersonations where they do not take themselves too seriously, you might enjoy this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:23 am 

Depending on the night desired, I would think that in general good tickets are available. Most (all?) seats are good ones.

Please read my earlier entry. If you are music people, you will appreciate the music and vocals. If you are detail-oriented and are expecting true-to-life performers to the originals, you will be somewhat disappointed.

The cost for the show is less than the other larger MB shows. Ensure that you telephone the ticket agent, you will save money over the on-line vehicle.