Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:54 pm 

We visited the Alabama Theater on July 9th with our children (son 14, daughter 8) to see "One, the show." It was an outstanding performance, but was quite long. We chose to go on a Wednesday night because they advertised that children 16 and under were free on Wednesdays. It was a very good show, and was certainly well worth the price (we only paid for two adult tickets).

The pre-show began at 7:15pm, and the show ended after 10pm. It was a little long for our daughter, but she did enjoy portions of it. The musicians are incredible, and the choreography was great.

I was surprised at the variety of music. Of course there is modern country, and a few "oldie" country songs. The Patsy Cline imitator is outstanding. But they also did a tribute to the Beatles, and had a wonderful performance of a part of the Broadway version of Mary Poppins.

The comedian (called himself Ricky Mokul) was hilarious! And it was 100% clean comedy. Our kids laughed until they cried. He appears several times throughout the show, but you need to make sure you are there for the pre-show at 7:15pm, where Ricky reads the rules of the theater. Priceless!

The ending of the show is a very patriotic finale'.

The show is split into two parts with an intermission in between. They have a concession stand with popcorn, candy, and sodas.

We chose to sit in the balcony to save money. The seats were in a great location, and I would recommend them to anyone. However, I would not recommend the first row of the center section in the balcony (section J). Our kids both had trouble seeing over the railing (even our teen), and had to sit up on their seats. So, I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd row of that section.