Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:36 am 

Ilene (age 69) and I (age 55) saw the show "One" on April 19, 2009. This was our favorite show on the trip. We saw five shows: One, Carolina Opry, Dixie Stampede, Good Vibrations and Spirit of the Dance.

The dancers and singers were very good. The show includes music from different eras. There were also different kinds of music such as country, rock and roll, and gospel. The mix was very entertaining. So was their comedian. He was in the show, as well as the pre-show. The pre-show started at 7:15. We bought the $40 tickets. There were some tickets that were slightly more expensive.

There was a concession stand that sold drinks, popcorn, and candy. There may have been pretzels, too but I don't think there was any food like pizza or hamburgers. I bought a large popcorn and a bottle of water for $6.

Would I go back to this show again. Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:40 pm 

We also saw the "One" show during our trip the first week of June and the entire family really enjoyed it. Although we didnt go last year, we had seen the show the previous two years and I personally think it has gotten better. We went on Monday and the kids got in free with adult ticket (two kids can get in free for each adult ticket) . You need to call a week or two before your trip to get really good seats if you are getting the free kids tickets. They do not allow the free seats directly in front of the stage which is section B, but you can get really good seats in section A & C.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:50 am 

Went to the One Show for about the fifth time, really enjoyed it. The show has changed slightly each time we have been and this was the best of them all. Similiar format but a lot of new songs but keeping the tradional ending. I would recommend this show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:14 am 

Opening up this thread after 2 years.. wondering if people think the show is still just as good as reported above ?

My husband and I are here this week and were thinking of going but want to ask what it's like first.. If you think we will like it ; our ages 46/47 and our kids are 13/16. How much does it cost, and should DH and I go by ourselves or is it something the kids would like too?
I'm reading mixed reviews on it .. some love it, as above, but then looking at tripadvisor reviews many people say not to bother if you don't like country music (no we don't) , and also it's more for an older crowd.
Any input?
thanks... Tracy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm 

My kids growing up enjoyed both Alabama and Carolina Opry, none of us are Country music lovers and it's not all about country nor is it for old people.

Both shows are very good, if you can only do one, go with the Opry

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:09 pm 

Awesome, thanks for your input Gary!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm 

Returned to the One Show again, almost the last show before the changeover to the Christmas show, Lynda and I felt that it lacked the sparkle of the previous times we have been. Ricky Morkel as funny as ever but it lacked something, maybe they need one or two new personnel. The band were excellent with the fiddler being as good as ever.

Peter (Happy Hacker)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 am 

Went to one of the last "One" shows before the change to the Christmas show, much improved from when we went last year, Ricky as good as ever, some new material. Worth going to see.
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to all who have responded to this topic.

Today, he Sun News has a feature today headlined:
Alabama Theatre nominated for CMA

A North Myrtle Beach theater earned a nomination for the 46th annual Country Music Association Awards, which will air Thursday on ABC-TV from another venue in the same category.The Alabama Theatre in Barefoot Landing joined the host Bridgestone Arena and historic Ryman Auditorium, both in Nashville, Tenn., on the ballot for “Venue of the Year” in the association’s SRO – Standing Room Only – Awards, for touring industry honors.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2012/1 ... rylink=cpy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 pm 

Sorry to say I was a bit disappointed with the One Show on this occasion, Greg Rowles was very good but I feel one or two of the other singers are past their sell by date and really need to update their acts. We have been to the show quite frequently but there was not enough variation this time from shows we have seen before, we would now go to the Opry and/or Good Vibrations before returning to the Alabama.
Happy Hacker (Peter)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Peter, thanks for your timely reviews that help keep us all up to date!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall