Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ocean Forest Plaza
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:49 am 

I will admit, the reviews scare me.

We are staying in a privately owned Condo called "The Reach at the Beach" that we found on VRBO that got a TON of excellent reviews. Since we are going to be in our room most of the time, I'm not TOO worried. The owners are very very quick to respond which I really like. We contacted SEVERAL other condos all over the place and people were quite slow getting back to you.

Has anyone ever stayed there? The only thing i'm on the fence about is having to cross the street to get to the beach! In the end, we really liked the condo, so we went with it, but i'm spoiled from being Directly on the beach in the past. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain in the butt.

1993,94,02,08,09,10,11,12,13 & Finally 2019!!

Post subject: Re: Ocean Forest Plaza
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:45 am 

I'm very familiar with this general area having stayed there several times. It's residential with nothing oceanfront except for some small privately owned cabana like buildings and walkways. It's almost like having a private secluded beach. The traffic on Ocean Blvd is relatively light (compared with what you might have experienced elsewhere) so you shouldn't have any problem going to and from the beach. Google Maps shows marked crosswalks at the public beach access points. I think you will be very happy with this area of Myrtle Beach.

ScarletBegonias wrote:
. . . Has anyone ever stayed there? The only thing i'm on the fence about is having to cross the street to get to the beach! In the end, we really liked the condo, so we went with it, but i'm spoiled from being Directly on the beach in the past. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain in the butt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:55 pm 

Hondo wrote:
I'm very familiar with this general area having stayed there several times. It's residential with nothing oceanfront except for some small privately owned cabana like buildings and walkways. It's almost like having a private secluded beach. The traffic on Ocean Blvd is relatively light (compared with what you might have experienced elsewhere) so you shouldn't have any problem going to and from the beach. Google Maps shows marked crosswalks at the public beach access points. I think you will be very happy with this area of Myrtle Beach.

ScarletBegonias wrote:
. . . Has anyone ever stayed there? The only thing i'm on the fence about is having to cross the street to get to the beach! In the end, we really liked the condo, so we went with it, but i'm spoiled from being Directly on the beach in the past. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a pain in the butt.

Well that sounds nice! It looks pretty decent on google earth, like it wouldn't be very busy! I'll just keep my fingers crossed! I think we are on the 17th floor, so as long as the elevators at working, we're good! Thanks for your quick answer!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:14 pm 

We have stayed there about a few years back. We went in August when it’s busy, but I gotta say it’s not as busy in that area as other areas. I also was worried about crossing the street too, but it’s not a busy road. We did go through VRBO that year and I believe we were on the 21st floor. At the time the condo just had a major renovation. And it was a very nice condo with gorgeous views. If I could figure out how to post pictures on here I will. There is a little bit more walking to get to the beach only because you go through the building and past the pools to the walkway. But we didn’t mind that.

Cathy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:11 am 
Site Admin

Jack! (Hondo) Good to see you are still around. Hope all is well with you! :cool:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:59 am 

cathyh wrote:
We have stayed there about a few years back. We went in August when it’s busy, but I gotta say it’s not as busy in that area as other areas. I also was worried about crossing the street too, but it’s not a busy road. We did go through VRBO that year and I believe we were on the 21st floor. At the time the condo just had a major renovation. And it was a very nice condo with gorgeous views. If I could figure out how to post pictures on here I will. There is a little bit more walking to get to the beach only because you go through the building and past the pools to the walkway. But we didn’t mind that.

Cathy

Thank you! This is good to know. I think we will be fine! I'd much rather be in a less busy area and walk a few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:21 am 

patrish wrote:
Jack! (Hondo) Good to see you are still around. Hope all is well with you! :cool:

I'm still here, Patrish. I check the new messages regularly, but don't post much any more. I'm retired now and stay busy every waking minute!

Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Jack, do you and Emily still come to Myrtle Beach? Wally and I would love to see you for dinner or drinks. Call me: 843-215-7338

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:13 am 

Yes, we will probably be there in October. Will give you a call.

Jack

patrish wrote:
Jack, do you and Emily still come to Myrtle Beach? Wally and I would love to see you for dinner or drinks. Call me: 843-215-7338

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:45 am 

I have found the stay "across the street" allows me to feel more like a part time resident who does not have to mow grass every day. I love it. Last few stays have been beachfront as owner of condo retired & now lives there full time. Prefer next visit to be across the street. Let us know how it feels/works for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:33 am 

17S2MBSC wrote:
I have found the stay "across the street" allows me to feel more like a part time resident who does not have to mow grass every day. I love it. Last few stays have been beachfront as owner of condo retired & now lives there full time. Prefer next visit to be across the street. Let us know how it feels/works for you.

Will do! It's still quite far away :BandHead:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 pm 

aaahhh, yes, but it is still closer than you are now!

Do you have a wagon, dolly or something for you gear?

We use backpacks & make two trips. Husband goes down 1st thing before his coffee (& his coffee is a must) w/ chairs & umbrella. Our 2nd trip is the backpacks w/ all other essentials.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:38 pm 

17S2MBSC wrote:
aaahhh, yes, but it is still closer than you are now!

Do you have a wagon, dolly or something for you gear?

We use backpacks & make two trips. Husband goes down 1st thing before his coffee (& his coffee is a must) w/ chairs & umbrella. Our 2nd trip is the backpacks w/ all other essentials.

I don't! But that is something I can def keep an eye out for in the next year!