Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 am 

Hello everyone. I could use some advise. We plan on coming die at the end of the month. It will just be my husband and I. We prefer a suite because we stay for 20 nights and like the extra room. I think I've narrowed down our choices to monteray bay and sandy beach. We really wanted to pay around $200 a night or basically as close to $2000 as possible for the 10 nights

I also considered crown reef because we have stayed there before and love the lazy river there and the location. However due to their renovations the price has gone up a lot for a suite so we would have to stay in a Reg room

Also sandy beach the choice is an ocean front suite in magnolia or an angle suite in palmetto. Or monteray bay is oceanfront.

Any opinions?

Thanks

Tracy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:09 am 

We have stayed at Monterey Bay 5 times, although the last time was in 2006. We were very happy there.Its in the very quiet and less congested North end of Myrtle Beach. Rooms were clean and staff always courteous. Free hot breakfast every morning, nothing fancy but hot and good. Some people dislike the parking garage, saying it is too tight. The parking garage is one of the things I liked best. just go slow and easy, but I dont think its too bad. The convenience of parking on the same floor and close to your suite is a plus. If we ever get to go back, The Monterey Bay will be our 1st choice. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Sorry, I dont know anything about Sandy Beach or Crown Reef. Maybe someone else will post about their experience there.