Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help with one night....
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:39 pm 

Hi, our reservations don't start until July 19 we are staying at The Windy Hill dunes, but are considering coming a day earlier. I need some advice on a hotel/Motel that is reasonable, and CLEAN not a dive...We are not picky on location just want to keep it reasonable any suggestions???

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:02 pm 

Did the extra night thing a few times and tried a couple different places. Nicest one was Holiday Inn in Little River. Restaurant on site that overlooks the marina. They had some suite/eff apt type units. Large living room with dining table and eff kitchen. Separate bed room and bath. Think we had six in there no problem.
Another possible would be Best Western Ocean Sands. Oceanfront. Not sure what the odds would be for one night peak season. We did a night there one spring trip. We were in smaller building half block north of main building. Plain and simple motel room but oceanfront beats marina view any day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

I know people who have stayed that extra night at Broadway at the Beach. I guess it gets BAB out of their systems before they really start their vacation. :dontknow:

Holiday Inn Express:
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/ho ... oteldetail

Hampton Inn:
http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels ... index.html

Fairfield Inn:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/m ... the-beach/

We went to some shindig several years ago that was held at the Hampton Inn. We did not spend the night, but they had some really great views of BAB from the patio - cool night lights -and I remember thinking it would be a good place to stay if you didn't have to have an ocean view.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:56 pm 

Thanks for the suggestions Holiday Inn at little River, and Broadway at the beach are booked for that night....The Hampton is also booked, and they want $284 a night at the Fairfield Inn.....too pricey for what I want.. I'll keep looking :BandHead: I do appreciate you guys trying to help......I'm still open for suggestions...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

".....they want $284 a night at the Fairfield Inn...."

OMG. I must be living under a rock. Who'd thought? :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:19 am 

There's a Best Western located at 1804 S Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach. It's across the street from the ocean and they have a room available for $152 that night plus tax. It's a totally decent place. Might be too costly though. I'll keep looking for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:55 am 

Check the Courtyard next to Barefoot Landing. I believe it is right off of 17. I had a room booked there for one night no too long ago, but cancelled after our plans changed. We were going to come in early, but decided to stop halfway again instead. The rate was reasonable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:23 pm 

Location: Myrtle Beach; previously Vermont; originally Québec
Holiday Shores Hotel, located at 7501 N Ocean Blvd (corner of 75th Ave. N., and Ocean Blvd), is one block off the ocean and they have very reasonable rates.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:08 pm 

Yes, Patrish I was also a little shocked about the price. I checked the Courtyard at Barefoot Landing $309 The Holiday shores Hotel is booked for that night, and The Best Western is $179.00 so far that seem to be the best option, although it's a bit more than what I want to pay considering that by the time we get there it will be late evening.... I'm by no means a cheap skate, but considering I'm going to have a rather large kennel bill waiting for me when I get home I'm not wanting to break the bank for one night especially in a hotel room, but I need to find something..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

Have you considered staying somewhere that will be a 2-3 hour drive from Windy Hill? I know that's not like being close, but with the prices like they are in MB, it might be your best bet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:00 pm 

I don't know if this is your thing, but I couldn't find anything reasonably priced for July 3rd & 4th so I knew The Legends Golf Resort on Hwy 501 (directly across from Tanger) had Villas. I called and a 2 bedroom villa is $160 per night over the 4th holiday. I didn't think that was bad at all and you could very well get something cheaper since it's not the 4th holiday. They don't have anything smaller than 2 bedrooms. We have never stayed there before so I can't review specifics, but all I hope for is clean :lol: My husband does play golf at The Legends every year and he assures me it will not be a dump :roll: Just thought I would throw that suggestion out. There is nothing worse than trying to get to the beach and not being able to find a reasonable place to stay for a couple of nights before you check into your weekly accommodations. That has knocked me out of a few extra days at the beach several times. Good Luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:05 pm 
Forum Support

petlover777 wrote:
Hi, our reservations don't start until July 19 we are staying at The Windy Hill dunes, but are considering coming a day earlier. I need some advice on a hotel/Motel that is reasonable, and CLEAN not a dive...We are not picky on location just want to keep it reasonable any suggestions???

What road/direction are you coming from? A hour away will probably be best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:46 pm 

Here are some hotels from Choice...Starting in Conway going all the way to NMB there is availability! I personally know NOTHING about any of them but if you do research and check Tripadvisor maybe one of them will work. A lot of them had availability for July 18...

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/ ... 0&srp=RACK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:21 pm 

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rockingham, NC...(the new one which is on 74 east(business) ...we are booked again for July 30...the cost is $126.00 for 2 queens nonsmoking. There is a nice pool and the standard HIE free breakfast...it is easy to find...always has been very clean...nice staff...about 2.5 hrs from Myrtle...another plus for us...there is a SONIC down the road...we do not have any close to us...there are several other lodgings there as well(Comfort Inn...I think) and a few other older ones...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:02 pm 

Last year we came in on SC 9 drove all the way,because my husband was sure that we could find a place to stay WRONG!!! everywhere we went, and called from Cherry Grove to Main Myrtle was booked. Traveling with an 11year old, and a very tired 4 year old it was a NIGHTMARE finally close to midnight we went to a comfort Inn, and there were two rooms left and several people coming in behind me also looking for a room I'll NEVER do that again.... Patrish I have been thinking about staying about 2 hrs. out it would be more reasonable, but coming in on 501 since we didn't have any choices that we passed the route we took last year..By leaving a day earlier we would all be well rested hopefully :) and could have all day to run around until our room is ready....