Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beach Colony Resort
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:29 pm 

We are thinking about staying at Beach Colony resort in late july or early august in a 4 bedroom unit. The rooms look a bit dated but the price makes up for that. Any information or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick :)

Post subject: Re: Beach Colony Resort
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

My. Green posted this on May 28:
"I have stayed at the Beach Colony several times which is right next to the South Wind. We witnessed its construction over a few years when it was build. Its seemed like a very nice resort, but very quiet at the time. A lot of people would be swimming at the Beach Colony at night and not one soul would be out at the South Wind. The beach is excellent and not too crowded since you are in an area that has lots of houses and smaller condos/hotels. Next to the South Wind going South you have the Beach Colony and Dunes Village. From there it's all houses."

Here's the string:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14342&p=100669&hilit=beach+colony+resort#p100669

Also, her's a trip report from Bill who stayed at both Ocean Drive Resort and Beach Colony in July. (See part 2 for the Beach Colony information.)

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11217&hilit=beach+colony+resort

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:35 pm 

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 am 

We stayed at the Beach Colony a few years back, in late summer 2007. It was a bit outdated, but the room was super clean and comfortable, and the hotel itself was nice. I don't know if it's changed at all since then, but the lazy river and pools were very clean, the little outdoor bar was very nice, and the staff was wonderful. There was an indoor pool also and it too was very clean and well maintained. The beach was really nice and not so crowded, which was great.
As has already been said, it's in a quieter area. It was our first time staying in MB and we were disappointed that there weren't too many bars/restaurants within walking distance. (If I recall, there was a River City Cafe fairly close by and a few other places. If you walk down to Kings Hwy there's also a few places to eat, but otherwise you will have to drive or take a cab.)
That said, staying in that area is what made me decide I want to live in MB. While on vacation I like to be in an area with a lot going on, but for everyday regular old living, that area is my dream location. One day I had some downtime and so I power-walked up north past the hotel, walked across Ocean Blvd and through the residential neighborhoods. I fell in love. It was all these cute houses, and even though it was just before Labor Day weekend, it still seemed so quiet and peaceful.
Anyway, that's straying from your question a bit, sorry :lol: To sum it up, although it was 6 years ago now, I really enjoyed the Beach Colony and had absolutely no complaints. We've since stayed at a few other hotels in the same price range that I was not very happy with, and some rather expensive hotels where the rooms were not even as clean and well maintained as the one we had at the Beach Colony.
Hope this helps!