Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel Blue? Landmark?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 pm 

Has anyone stayed at either Hotel blue or Landmark recently? Ive read alot of reviews on other sites and some are great and some arent. Looking at taking my girlfriend for her first MB trip on Labor day weekend. Ive been going to MB for years and stayed at many resort but looking at trying either one of these resorts. We're both 28 id like a resort that we can relax at but also have some fun like the swim up bar and events at hotel blue and she really enjoys water attractions like landmark has. Any other suggestions besides these two?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm 

I stayed at the Hotel Blue in October 2010. It had potential to be a great hotel but the room we had was pretty shabby. Just cosmetic stuff...lampshades had bulb burn marks, cig burns on the counters, mismatched furniture, etc. The swim up bar looked awesome, but it was closed for winter. If your not picky it's probably ok.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 am 

We stayed at the Landmark last spring while our son was on a High School baseball trip. It was nice in March, and our 12 year old daughter enjoyed the indoor pool area, as I think any kid would. I don't really remember a bar, and while I think it would be a great place to take kids, I'm not sure that it would be the best for two 28 year olds.

We went to Myrtle Beach the week after Labor Day one year, and absolutely loved the Sand's Ocean Club Resort. http://www.sandsoceanclub.com/

Lots of fun, great location, and a fun beach bar called Ocean Annies: http://www.oceanannies.com/
Walking distance to another fun bar called Harry the Hats: http://www.harrythehats.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Hotel is located on Lake Arrowhead Road on a street that dead ends at the Ocean, so the traffic is good. Plus, you are right off of Restaurant Row. Check it out, and maybe the Ocean Club will be a good choice for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:18 pm 

We have stayed at Landmark the majority of the years we have been going to Myrtle Beach. We liked it, you cannot beat the pool set up they have. We did notice that the room quality was going downhill but the prices were going up. We enjoyed the pool bar and the atmosphere both before and after having kids with us, but we have found other places at comparable prices that we like better. Their rooms are just too hit or miss for us, and we aren't really snobs or anything, but cleanliness had become an issue. Coral Beach had a great vibe for a couple with no kids, and if I remember right it was about the same price, maybe a little higher. We looked online at Beach Cove which is a little farther north, and that looked like a blast, but too rambunctious for us with the kids. Check out youtube and search them, I guess they throw some killer pool parties with dj, looked like fun, and we said we wished we had gone before we had the boys. Good luck!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:44 pm 

At your age of your two choices, Hotel Blue wins, it is the only place that has a "Las Vegas Style" pool party each Sunday.

Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:02 am 

Thank you all for the replies. We checked out several other places and places ive stayed in the past. In the end We got an amazing deal from hotel blue for labor day weekend with an oceanfront suite that i couldnt pass up. Even if it turns out we dont like the reosrt cant beat the price for a place to just rest our head for a few nights.