Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sea Mist
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:09 pm 

My wife and I are coming down in oct, the sea mist has great prices for a ocean front room. was wondering
if anyone has anything thing good or bad to say, please give us some input. or some other nicer room for 300 or under
were staying 5 days. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Sea Mist
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 pm 

Hope you get some input. I stay at the Compass Cove. For Oct 15 they start at 355. Some pictures of the place I have HERE.

Image Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album Image

Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:06 pm 

yeah the cove is cool, we have stayed there before. I had someone banging on my door in the middle of the night, so i figure if something like that can happen there, why not pay way less somewhere else. for me the quiet and the beach is why we go. seems everywhere you go know matter what you pay there is going to be some knuckle head that is going to act stupid, so im going to try something different this time, sea mist is 259 for the 5 nights. ocean front, that seems to be a fair price to me. just hope we don't get wacked, Have to be prepared i guess :ninja: thanks for the Reply,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 am 

If you are looking for negative reviews for the Sea Mist, there's plenty of them on TripAdvisor! Many of those posts are by "locals" who have never stayed there, but say it is a bad area. At least one of those "locals" works for a competing resort in a northern area, so there's an agenda there.

The Sea Mist is what it is. It is not a deluxe resort, and you aren't paying deluxe prices for it. The resort is made-up of multiple smaller hotels that were purchased, remodeled, and maintained as one resort. The oceanfront buildings are newer and nicer. We stayed there for three consecutive years as a family when our kids were younger, and we really enjoyed it. I've stayed there 2 other times on golf trips during the winter/ spring, and it was a different atmosphere during the off season. Not a bad atmosphere, but not a family atmosphere in February. The beach is nice there, the rooms are clean, and there are indoor pools if the weather turns cold. There is a bar, and during the summer there is an outdoor beachfront bar (but I'm not sure if it is open in October).

As much as we enjoyed everything there was for the kids (waterpark, slides, mini golf, arcade, etc.), we chose to move to a northern hotel several years ago because of the noise. I'm not sure what the traffic is like in October, but when we stayed there in July of 2003, 2004, and 2005, the Sea Mist was at the end of the cruising area of Ocean Boulevard. Thus, there was the loud music, squealing tires, and zooming engines until about 2 am. We chose as a family to find a hotel farther north, away from the area where people cruise, so that we could sleep at night.

In conclusion, I really liked the resort and felt that it was perfect for our family at that time. The price was good for a summer vacation, and even better for the golf trips. I think you'll enjoy your stay there, and I don't think you'll have the noise that we had since you will be there in the Fall. And remember when you read the reviews on TripAdvisor that some people have hidden agendas with their negative comments.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 am 

Thanks for the reply, that sounds good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:21 pm 

Well I now see your not coming for Mustang Week :)

There is nothing wrong with the area around Sea Mist, yes it is a bit older but the price is right.

Gary

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:52 pm 

yeah, not going to get to mustang week this year, saving funds for fall trip.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm 

Looks like were going to maybe stay at the tropical seas hotel, I like south myrtle beach, I know the area pretty good, I like being Close to the spring maid pier. Fri will be the day we make my reservations, so i have a few more days to decide. Cleaned
up my sig, just Realized it looked tacky, this being a beach forum and all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 pm 

well we made our reservations, decided to go with the tropical seas hotel, thanks for the Replys