Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:11 pm 

Hello!
Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Ocean Boulevard in North Myrtle Beach. I was considering this resort, but would like to see how others rate it... Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hello, Malynda! Welcome to our message board.

A good friend from Roanoke invited Wally and me to visit them when they stayed there. We didn't spend the night, so I can't comment on that, but the condo was spacious, clean, and well-decorated. They were very happy with it and said they would not hesitate to return. Visitors were checked before being allowed into the resort and security seemed good.

Hopefully you'll hear from others soon.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 pm 

Stayed there a few years back. All depends on your likes and dislikes plus what time of year. I'll be honest with you. We're not fans of large rsorts so take my semi-negative opinons with a grain of salt.

On the positive side of things it would be hard to find a place with a longer list of ammenities. Oceanfront snack bar. Multiple pools and lazy rivers. Game rooms, etc......
Rooms are nice with all your aplliances and utinsils. Three bedrooms we saw were huge. Two bedrooms were roomy. Decor was a little strange for a beach resort. Should have been redone by now. Maybe they corrected that.
I Have read a lot of reviews of the place since our stay. The positives out number the negatives. If you like the resort style atmosphere. Yes this is a great place.

Now my negatives. Might quit reading now. Sometimes I can be too honest.

We were there in peak summer season. Packed. A lot of our problems might not have been so bad off season.

Two large buildings. Ocean front you have three base floors of offices, snack bar, pools and game rooms. Then three towers of units on top of those. Tower four is seperate buildng across street (second row). Bulk. Maybe 85-90% of units are oceanview. Not oceanfront. Very good chance your unit will be facing another tower with slim view of ocean from balcony. Imagine an apartment in NYC and looking across alley to another apartment.
Tower four. I have heard you had oceanview from back there. I'd have to see it to believe it.

Pools are between the towers. Very little direct sunight. Shade most of the day unless you keep moving chair to the sunny spots as they move.
Slightest breeze on the beach increases as it passes through towers. Can be very strong at times. Wasn't unusual during our stay to see plastic chairs slide around on the deck.

Elevators. Might not be as bad in the two outside towers but the center tower was a constant wait for them. Not enough elevators for the number of units in that tower. No experience with the fourth tower.

Parking. Very small number of spots in front building. Most parking is on bottom floors of second row building. Even then by third day we were parking in a parking building they have in the third block back. Long walk but it beat driving in circles waiting for a spot to open.

Actual check in wasn't bad once you get into building. In a perfect world you drive into building, up a level and stop in front of lobby. Saturday in the summer. Nothing is perfect. Best bet is park in public lot across street. Go over and take elevator to lobby. After check in unload and transfer luggage from public lot. Then move car to parking building of your choice.

May have changed since our stay there. At the time we were there, Ocean Blvd was their crown jewel in the area. All of Wydham's sales tours were there. Bad enough trying to navigate through the place with tons of guests. Waiting several minutes for elevator and then it's a sales tour that exits. No comment........

Bottom floor of resort is still maybe two floors above beach level. Long walk down maybe three sets of steps to get to beach. Set of these steps at each end of building. Wasn't very convenient when we stayed there with a small grand daughter.
Did see it from another point of view a few years later. We were in smaller building next to Ocean Blvd. Storm blew in and beach cleared when rain hit.
No lighting so we took stuff to room and went to pool to float in the rain. We looked next door to Ocean Blvd. Still had dozens of people in line on the steps, in the rain, waiting for the people in front to shower before entering resort area.