Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 pm 

We will be going to the beach near the end of July and need to be very economical on this trip. (In other words, cheap motel!!) While we need cheap, we also don't want a dump. What is the possiblility of getting a good walk in rate (under 80.00/night for a 1 bedroom unit (doesn't have to be OF)?

I know the motels always seem to have signs for walk in, but we haven't been in a while and I can't remember exactly what they were. We would prefer NMB, but MB would be fine, just not downtown MB.

Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 am 

Here's Elliott Rentals "last minute deals" site... haven't used them yet.

http://www.myrtlebeachlastminutevacation.com/

Good Luck !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm 

Nobody has a crystal ball, I would not come here without reservations, if looking for a deal, check out Craigs List Myrtle Beach (I just listed Friday for rent 3 bedroom 2 bath condo for $1200 for the week of July 7th, it is rented already) also look at vrbo.com and remember the owners renting these places may be willing to negotiate.

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 pm 

If you do try to do a walk in deal, I hope you have better luck that I did! We thought we were going to spend more time in the OBX than we did (it was cold and rainy) - so we got into MB about 4 days early. We had the following week's reservations made months in advance, but we had 4 nights to fill. We ended up at 4 different hotels, and not at any reduced prices either! Because you're not fussy enough to want ocean front, it might be easier - we could find a lot of rooms available off the ocean front. I thought being the 2nd week of October, it should have been easier to find a room. We ended up with one night at the Hotel Blue, one at the Sandcastle, one at the Best Western Grand Strand Inn, and one at the Monterey Bay Suites.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am 

Several smaller hotels in North Myrtle that are affordable. You may have to call for rates, but the Blockade Runner was nice: http://www.blockaderunner-sc.com/

We've always enjoyed the Best Western Ocean Sands at Crescent Beach (North Myrtle). http://www.oceansands.com/