Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm 

Hi! We are staying at the Beach Cove Resort over the 4th. Has anyone stayed there? We are arriving on the 3rd, staying thru the weekend. We go to Myrtle just about every year, just not on the 4th of July. I'm sure it will be busy. How is Barefoot's fireworks?

Thanks for any info!!

Tammie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 pm 

Tammy,

We usually always stay in the Windy Hill section of North Myrtle which is where Beach Cove is located. We have never actually stayed at Beach Cove, but have had several friends that have. The last time we were there 5 years ago the resort was still in good condition. The rooms were clean and I wouldn't have cared to stay there, however some of the reports on Trip Advisor complain of the building in need of repair. You might want to check those out.

One of our favorite vacations at the beach was on the 4th. We had decided that day to enjoy the fireworks at Broadway and at the last minute were persuaded to just go to the beach. All I can say is WOW! I would love to experience that again. There were fireworks as far as the eye could see and then the big beautiful fireworks were shot from the Cherry Grove Pier. It was an amazing experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:07 pm 

I agree with Deanna...it just worked out for our last trip to go during the 4th of July week and I was hoping it wouldn't be unbearable, but WOW did we have a great time! Spent a lot of beach time, lots of fireworks to be seen every which way. I had looked into Beach Cove as well, I don't know what VRBO offers, but I've read the same reviews with regard to it needing a "touch up."

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:25 pm 

Most of the positives I've heard were about the pools. Think they have three or four.
Great location on the beach. Last complex along that stretch other then North Beach Plantation. NBP sits so far back it's hard to count it as oceanfront. If beach in front of Beach Cove is supper crowded it would be short walk down the beach to find less congested spot.
If walking down the beach shelling, take note of the small inlet a few hundred yards south of Beach Cove. Low tide it's no problem to step across or walk through it.. Tide coming in, it can fill up fast. Depending on how deep you want to wade through water you could be trapped on wrong side.