Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 pm 
Forum Support

Ocean Reef ~ My first choice. Loved the area, the feedback from the forum here, and the amenities. When we left last time, we said we would stay here next time.

Caravelle ~ Down the road from Ocean Reef. Love the area. The pools look great. Looks newer then Ocean Reef. The only thing I am not sure about is booking directly from the Caravelle. From the reviews here I see everyone rents via VRBO.

Bayview ~ Not the quiet end of the beach. Not in walking distance of River City Cafe. But a newer resort and on the boardwalk. Which would be a great plus!

Help me decide. :roll: I am trying to get something booked so this trip will be reality for me. I miss MB, haven't made the trip in awhile.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 pm 

We just stayed at the Bayview Resort a few weeks ago. We really like it as it is maintained really well. The two drawbacks I can think of is there is no outdoor swimming pool and the parking garage. There is an indoor area with a small swimming pool, lazy river, kiddie pool and hot tub. The windows look as if they slide back in the summer so that it is open to the outdoors. It is well maintained but not too impressive if you are there for the water features. Also, the parking garage is a short block away. There is a extended golf cart with driver that seems to be used to get back and forth. We found the parking garage clean and fairly easy to maneuver. Take into account that we were there off season.
I feel the highlights of this hotel is the fact that it is only 5 years old but still has the new feeling to it. The one bedroom suites were very nice with a full kitchen with granite countertops, etc. We liked the idea that there was a Starbucks on the premises. It is a short walk on the boardwalk to the 2nd Ave. Pier which has a nice restaurant. A little farther walk in the other direction gets you to the Skywheel and a multitude of restaurants.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 pm 

we used to book directly for years with the Caravelle and always
loved the place before we moved here...

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:57 pm 
Forum Support

beady ~ Glad to hear that. Thanks for the reply!
The VMB card looks like a nice bonus. I just noticed that is free when you check in.

beachlady ~ Hmm your not making this easy on me! Thanks for the feedback.

I think I am down to Caravelle and Bayview. Since I am more confident now with my choices, hopefully the family will help me decide. I mean the hotels are both nice, just depends on the area now.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:13 pm 

Caravelle was always clean, quiet and everything was in the rooms that
you needed....we always did the Oceanfront in the Main Building
and ate in the restaurant there great food, Ocean side bar was
a plus and family friendly place..hope that helps you

Dwight :wav: