Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel opinion
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:55 pm 

Just wondering if anyone has ever stayed at The Sandcastle at the Pavillion Hotel? Can anyone tell me anything? Anyone? I have read alot of good reviews and some bad all were on trip advisor. We already booked this hotel and would like to get opions so that I can cancel early if need be. We are going to be there March 11th 2012 - March 22 2012.

Post subject: Re: Hotel opinion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am 

We stayed there years ago when we were in college. It was a pretty good location when the Pavilion was still there. Mostly young people stayed there back then. Not the best place, but it did work for what we were looking for, which was pretty much just a place to lay your head down. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are real picky about having everything just perfect then you may want to look elsewhere. If you are looking for a place just to sleep and clean up it will probably work out. Like I said, it has been years since we were there, so a lot has probably changed. Hopefully for the better.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:03 pm 

My wife and I booked in there a few years back because we usually stay at the Sandcastle Southbeach which at that time was a sister hotel to the Sandcastle Pavillion. We went up to our room and then went back to the desk and asked if we could be transfered to the Southbeach and we never went back. At that time the Pavillion was dirty, ran down, and only had 1 slow elevator. We continue to stay at their Southbeach hotel yearly in fact we are booked there in May, but I would not go back to the Pavillion. We have stayed in about 10 different hotels in the last 20+ years we have been coming to the beach but now we pretty well stick to the Sandcastle Southbeach or the Oceans One up by the Family Kingdom.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 am 

Thanks Gino we had them transfer us to Sandcastle South and Mary and Brandon were big helps to me. I think we will be much happier. Now hopefully we will have good weather. I am so sick of the snow!! Thank you again.