Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paradise Resort
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am 

You can expect a full review during our trip to the Paradise Resort during the week of April 6 - 14.

But, was wondering if anyone had any information, tips, etc for us before we arrive?

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort
2014 Hampton Inn

Post subject: Re: Paradise Resort
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 am 

Looks like a Breakers sister property - Can't be all that bad... ;)
We like the Breakers Paradise Towers @ 21st N. for our golf trips...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:50 pm 

If you are talking about the Paradise Resort on 1605 S Ocean Blvd i just stayed there this past tuesday - saturday... first i will tell you that like a lot of places the rooms are if not all, mostly all privately owned (got that info from the front desk) so the condition and decor will vary. the top floor is 23.. they have an indoor hot tub on the 22nd floor.. they have guest laundry on all of the even numbered floors... they have outdoor pools and 3 outdoor hot tubs and one wasnt working while i was just there but they were working on it... one outdoor pool is attatched to the indoor pool... the ground level indoor hot tub was hot but didnt bubble much and IF it turns on with the timer it wont turn right back on it apparently has to be off for while before it will come back on... unless they repaint them the outdoor pools and hot tubs while ok badly need painted and have some gaps around the top tiles (they need to be re-caulked) i found all comon areas to be clean and generally in good repair other than the before mentioned pools and hot tubs.... front desk girls are friendly but the male managers were not... they offer free hot breakfast in the onsite hotel ever morning and the food is good, HOWEVER, i work from home and every hotel i ever stayed in always let me take it to my room to eat while i work. and even though they have styrofoam containers sitting there... they refused claiming some bogus fema laws and rules and fines... so needless to say i didnt get to eat there other than one day i gulped my food really fast... they have a small arcade and a small fitness center that is always locked.. you have to get the key from the front desk to use it... i stayed in room 1902 which was an ocean front king room... laid out nice other than odd orange carpet was nice... had a new large flat screen tv.... i then had to move the last couple days since that room was booked and had the choice of 806 or 2205... both where ocean view king rooms and again were clean and tastefully decorated... no carpet tile floors throughout... both had older appliances and older picture tube tv's.... but were clean... it just showed that what i said about the units being privatetly owned... when i was there, best buy's geek sqaud showed up with a HUGE flat screen for one of the rooms... found out the tv died and the owner paid to replace it with that big fancy tv... the parking garage was about like most although not quite as tight as some that i have been in... was a little easier to get in and out of... if you have any other questions about the hotel that i didnt answer feel free to ask... either on here or with a private message.....

take care

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm 

thought about one other thing... they have 3 elevators... they move slowly... and i was told by hotel staff that for example, if you stayed on 23 and got in the hot tub on 22 you would mostly likely get a free unwanted ride down to the lobby first as they almost always go down first and from all floors from 4 down they always go down first... also there is only one elevator for the parking garage... it too does not set any speed records.... i will say the snow birders will be gone by april first as the paradise resort doesnt offer monthly rates in april so i would think you shouldnt have any issues with the elevators...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:26 pm 

Beachbum, I think you are refering to the Palace resort, not the Paradise Resort. Paradise has four elavators and the adress you mentioned is the address for the Palace.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:04 pm 

Wow, great report, but....is it the Paradise?

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort
2014 Hampton Inn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 am 

Easter Week - 2012

Arrived at the Paradise at 11am on Good Friday. Even though they had just finished the checkout hour, the front desk personnel were very polite and very accommodating! Our room, of course, was not ready yet, but they let our kids go swimming and gave us all kinds of information about the hotel, events for the weekend, etc, etc.

Even though it was very cold and rainy, the outdoor Tiki Hut servers (Cassandra, Wendy) were very friendly. They didn't open the hut up all the way, because of the weather, but did leave the side door open and they waited on us inside by the pools all afternoon.

The parking garage is tight - but really, aren't they all? There is an additional lot across the street - well lit at night - spacious.

Our room. We are sharing a 4 bedroom suite with another family. We really like ours. From what I understand, each suite here can be a little different, as they are privately owned Condo units in reality. So, while one might have new flat screen TV's, another might have older models. While one suite has nice wall art, another might be a little more bare on the walls. The beds can be different, and the furniture, etc. We are very happy with ours.

Aside from that - the layout of the suite is great. The end of the hall suites are the larger ones - and they each have a spacious double patio deck - really nice with a great view! The kitchen/dinning/living space is spacious, with a bar area to sit at as a divider between the kitchen and the living area.

Having 3 bathrooms is of course - wonderful - for two families.

The pool areas are nice - this company (they own many others: Compass Cove, The Long Bay, Ocean Reef, etc.) understands families with kids. Inside, there is a pool with a basketball hoop - always filled with the teens having fun with other teens. Two hot tubs - one nice and hot - spacious - with areas to get away from others if you want to, the other a little cooler that seemed to be enjoyed by families with little children - with a cooler "kiddy" pool right next to it. A nice lazy river - warm.

There is one outdoor pool - very functional - large and able to swim laps or let teens play their games.

The outdoor sunning area is spacious, with a cute "tropical" Tiki Hut bar right there for you! As far as I can tell, plenty of chairs for laying out in the sun - and even a couple of grass areas if you like that.

Unlike Compass Cove, or Island Vista, this is like many other hotels here - in that there is not - geographically - a lot of north to south space - it is compact from side to side. That said, they seemed to do well with what limited beach frontage they have.

That's it for now - more later I hope!

1993 Beach Cove
2001 Compass Cove
2002 Coral Beach
2003 Sand Dunes
2004 Long Bay
2005 Long Bay
2007 Ocean Reef
2008 Long Bay
2009 Island Vista
2010 Island Vista
2012 Paradise Resort