Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:43 pm 

We stayed there the first year it was open and yep, the parking was awful and the elevators were a mess. But the rest was terrific! Much of the review was exactly what I would have said so many years ago! lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm 

kish73 wrote:
The breakfast staff was pleasant to us all week. The FREE hot breakfast was good but I did get tired of the endless ways they served sausage! :roll: This was the first time in the 6 years we have been staying there that there was no bacon served and that some form of sausage was served 4 out of the 6 breakfasts we were served!!!Karen in Upstate SC

What? No bacon. Perish the thought. I'd have 2 cranky pants on my hands! The ladies there were always so sweet to Georgia when we stayed. I thought the front desk had a surly guy. I still remember him. He was a bit thorny. Glad you had a nice stay, both you! I like the location and the room was very nice.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

Thanks, Lisa! And yes, we both got a bit cranky about it, too, as we are bacon lovers but we never mentioned it to the breakfast staff. They had no control over it! :cry:

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:03 pm 

Karen,
So glad you had a great stay. I've been thinking about you and your family since we got back, and had my fingers crossed that you would have a great vacation and feel relaxed after getting back. You guys deserve it. Thanks again for turning us on to Monterey Bay Suites the first time!

I want to let you know that I did not eat all of the bacon when we were there in August. I swear! I did tackle the grits each day, along with the fresh pineapple. So, if they were out of grits and fruit, I can take the blame for that.

The only question I have is... did you see the UFO lights (ha-ha)? Be sure to post some restaurant reviews, because I can't get enough Myrtle Beach.

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:33 pm 

I'll continue this thread with my question....

Is the parking garage the only parking available for Monterey Bay Suites? Is there lot parking across the street like there was for us at the Dayton House when we were there? Looking at pricing, Monterey Bay is coming up about $300 cheaper for us, which brings it into the "might possibly make it to MB" for us.

We had garage parking available at Dayton House, but just parked over in the lot across the street the whole week.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 pm 

mrodgers, I'm not aware of any parking across the street but then again, I've never asked! I would suggest you give them a call at 1-888-255-4763 and ask them. It's worth a call to the toll-free number! Hope this helps!

Karen in Upstate SC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:13 pm 
Forum Support

mrodgers wrote:
I'll continue this thread with my question....

Is the parking garage the only parking available for Monterey Bay Suites? Is there lot parking across the street like there was for us at the Dayton House when we were there? Looking at pricing, Monterey Bay is coming up about $300 cheaper for us, which brings it into the "might possibly make it to MB" for us.

We had garage parking available at Dayton House, but just parked over in the lot across the street the whole week.

They do have parking along the hotel on both sides I believe (I know one side for sure) and we used that. But some days it was full.

Do you just not want to park in the garage or does your vehicle not fit?