Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carolina Winds Review
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

Just got back from our stay at the Carolina Winds in the northern section of Myrtle Beach (76th Ave.). Carolina Winds is filled with condos ranging from 1 to 3 Bedrooms and even has a 4 bedroom penthouse. All units are individually owned so my guess is that they will all vary somewhat as far as furnishings and decor are concerned. We stayed in an angled oceanview 1 bedroom (unit 804). We loved our room and the amenities. The outdoor pool is large enough that even when a lot of people are out, it doesn't seem crowded. The indoor pool is a little small but isn't bad. There is a restaurant on site and game room. We didn't get a chance to check out the restaurant and the game room is average at best. There is also an exercise room on site. As far as location, it is a good spot. There is only one hotel on the north side and then houses. The only problem we had during our stay was the weather. We had good weather on Sat. when we arrived and Sun. But rain just about all day Mon. Tues. and half of Wed. Of course it would be beautiful this morning when we had to get up and leave. :BandHead: Overall I would recommend the Carolina Winds. I just wish we had better weather to enjoy the beach.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:30 pm 

Sorry about the weather! I hope you were able to have fun anyway! Thanks for the info about Carolina Winds...we have never stayed that far north...sounds like a nice place...

JoAnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for sharing your input on Carolina Winds. I can assure you that this review will help other members on our board.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 pm 

I'd rather watch the waves in the rain than not at all. At least we did have a couple of days in the sun and I know that the area needed the rain. Especially those dealing with fires.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:05 pm 

It was very gracious of you to think of the need for rain in the area when it put a huge damper on your vacation. Part of the appeal in Myrtle Beach is there is a lot to do even in inclement weather. I am glad that your room was to your liking and that you had a good time in spite of the weather.