Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ocean Forest Plaza
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:28 pm 

Anyone stay here before? Any input would be great.
Thanks

Cath

Post subject: Re: Ocean Forest Plaza
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:40 pm 
Forum Support

I did a search here at the board and didn't come up with much. One person was looking for a new place to stay because OFP was getting run down. It needed a update.

Reviews are not bad overall at Trip Advisor. Just mainly mention what I did above from previous posters here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:01 pm 

We just don't know anyone who stayed here. I did check tripadvisor and it seems it is an older building and needs some updating. And the parking garage is tight to drive through.

I think we just got a little spoiled staying in nicer/newer resorts. My youngest is going off to college next month and thought we would save a little by staying someplace a little cheaper. It's just the "unknown" of what we'll find when we get there.

I lot is booked already. And who says people are staying home instead of vacationing!
I guess there all going to MB. lol..

Cath

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:27 pm 
Forum Support

Picking a hotel is difficult. A lot of hotels are in the same boat as OFP. Needing to be updated.

No idea of your price range, but have you looked at Hampton Inn Ocean Front or Ocean Reef? Long Bay isn't bad either. I've stayed at all 3. I especially like Ocean Reef and Long Bay because of the location. Easy to get to River City and the mexican restaurant. Its just nice to walk somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm 

We stayed here-Ocean Forest Plaza 3 times but the last time was about 9 yrs ago. The parking garage is very tight, the last time I stayed here I had a Chevy Lumina , a 1998 model, a bigger car and you about scraped the sides of the walls going around the curves in the garage. There is some street parking for larger vehicles but it is not reserved.

I did like the place and think it is very reasonable for the size and style roooms you get. The traffic is very light. We just don't like the garage and the reason we don't stay there is we now prefer North Myrtle Beach area more. Good Luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm 

We are going to try the Ocean Forest Plaza... I guess I'll just close my eyes while hubby drives through the parking garage and hope my car makes it out without a scratch !