Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Palmetto Shores
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:34 am 

Looking for a place to stay in July and my cousin came upon Palmetto Shores. Anyone ever stayed there before and how was it? It seems very reasonably priced and nice from what I've seen but I've seen very good and very bad reviews from others on the web that have stayed there. Also I always usually stay on the South End of Myrtle Beach. What is the area like up where this place is? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Palmetto Shores
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:22 am 
Site Admin

We have friends who made reservations at Palmetto Shores last year for some of their relatives who were here for a family reunion. I think they got a good discount there, and that was the reason for choosing it. They said they were told it took way too long to get checked in, and parking was too far away. But apparently they had read reviews and were not expecting anything luxurious...just a place to spend a couple nights.

Palmetto Shores is in an older area of the city, but it's conveniently located, not far from the Boardwalk and other attractions and restaurants.

I hope you will let us know your experience if you have decided to stay there.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 pm 

Thanks for responding Patrish. I did make reservations at Palmetto Shores for July 16-21. I will be sure to let everyone know how it was. I'm used to staying in low end hotels in MB so I don't expect anything luxurious and don't much care as long as it's clean, but it was very reasonably priced for the looks of the place and it did seem like an area with a lot going on which should be nice since it will be my cousin, our friend and I going and we are all in our mid 20s. My parents are going and staying somewhere else. Thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:10 pm 

Spent most of last week at the Palmetto Shores. Excellent stay, reasonable price, check in was fast, room nice, parking ample, but you may have to walk a half block or so. Nice location, near boardwalk. Would stay again. :nanner:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 am 

This place is now under new management as of July 2012. Service has fallen sharply and thus the rooms don’t get cleaned very often during your stay. Check-in waits are horrible and rooms are not ready when they say they will be.

Communicating with management here is a nightmare! They are unresponsive and appear to try and avoid calls from guest.

This is a place to stay away from!