Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 am 

Little one can't swim. She loved the fact that in Disney, there were lifejacket floats available at the pools. Do beach hotels do this nowadays? I was just on a webcam for a different hotel and it was pointing towards the pool. Looked like a little girl had a generic lifejacket on at the pool. Wondering if Dayton House would have stuff available at the pools?

Thanks
2 weeks to go, WOW :wav:

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:11 am 

If you call and ask them they will tell you and if they don;t the next time you go shopping pick one up for her, they are inexpensive.

Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Dayton House also has a zero entry pool(I think that's what they're called), which is great for young children. That's where our grandson spent most of his time when we stayed there a few years ago.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:49 pm 

We were at Dayton House over the New Year's holiday one winter and we didn't see anything at all at the pools for people to use. Of course, I imagine it's different in the full summer season. They were also working on the beach-facing facade when we were there so the huge glass panels facing the ocean were all covered with plywood. With the warm water and cooler air, there was fog coming off our bodies when we got out of the pool, or went from hot tub to pool. It was quite eerie.

Ron, I had forgotten about the zero entry - it was nice, especially for us "older" folks who don't like the steps and/or ladders at most pools.

I like Gary's suggestion. Go to Wal-mart or somewhere cheap and pick up a kid-size life jacket. That way you'll have it wherever you go. You should get at least a couple years out of the same one before having to upsize, and hopefully by then the little one will be swimming anyway.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 pm 

We've seen the swimsuits for really young kids at Walmart, but never saw lifejacket type, that they can put on and off.

She's not really that young, not like a toddler. She had no problem in the 3.5 foot swimming pools at Disneyworld. We have one of those metal frame Intex pools that they use through the hot summer, its just not big enough to actually swim in. Takes a while for the kids to figure out how to swim in a pool like that. The 10 year old can barely swim.

Good to know about the 0 entry end though. She can go as deep as she wants.

My 2 goals are to get the younger one to try to swim a bit having more room in the pool than we have at home and to get the 10 year old to overcome some hesitation and go out in the ocean with me. 2 days last year at OC wasn't enough, but I imagine 5 days at MB and she'll be out jumping in the waves by the end of the week. I think she can swim, just can't show it with the size of our pool.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 am 

The Dayton House has three pools and a lazy river. I think you said you were staying in the suites building, which is where the lazy river and the indoor pool is located. The north building's pool is half indoor and half outdoor. The zero entry pool is in the middle. There really isn't a kiddie pool. I see most little kids in the zero entry pool where it is very shallow where you walk in. None of the pools are deep. I don't think any of them get over 4 or 5 feet. I have never seen any life jacket floats or anything like that. They do have inner tubes for the lazy river. I am sure you guys will have a great time.

2000-Compass Cove
2001-Breakers Resort
2003-Compass Cove
2005-Crown Reef
2006-Dayton House
2007-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. NMB
2007-Dayton House
2008-Wyndham's Ocean Blvd. \ Dayton House
2009-Dayton House
2011-Dayton House
2012-Wyndham Towers on the Grove
2014-Breakers Resort

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 am 

We took our almost 2 yr old (then) to DH and she LOVED the pools. They have a zero entry as mentioned as well as a smaller toddler pool inside. She was a fish and I felt she was very safe.

SeaWatch Resort 2010
Monterey Bay 2007
Dayton House 2005
Crown Reef Resort 1998
Palace Resort 1997
Bluewater resort 1994