Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: decisions, decisions....
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:57 pm 

We are trying to decide which hotel to stay in this year. I am kind of blown away by the prices for some of these rooms. We thought we had narrowed our choices to Bay Watch and Avista, but I am open to suggestions. We prefer the northern end of the strand. Last year we stayed at Beach Cove and enjoyed it, but the price has jumped over $600 for the week this year. Anyone have a resort they loved and want to share? We have 2 pre-teen boys so family friendly preferred, but we enjoy our tiki bars as well lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:52 pm 

Can't give any advise on north end. Only stayed at Sea Dip first trip and never again. We like it quiet so we stay at the south end. Have to drive everywhere so it makes no difference to us. We stay at Paradise Resort now a days but if you want to look at Compass Cove and their rates, you might consider it. They have a breakfast restaurant, another for lunch and dinner. Food is good. Bar by the pools. Coffee counter serving Starbucks. Many pools. indoors and out. Slides and lazy river. Worth a look and only 10 minutes south.

Paradise Resort Nov 2017 photo album
Our Myrtle Beach trip photo album

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Hey, Peanut! Good to see you posting! Don, thanks for your response. While I can help with a lot of Myrtle Beach questions, "where to stay" isn't one of them. However, I hope Tiki Bars last forever and ever! :nanner:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:19 pm 

I might suggest that you look at Elliott Realty or Condo World. We've found we can stay someplace like Bay Watch often for several hundred dollars less than renting directly through the resort.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:07 pm 

We normally book through VRBO and will probably stay with them. We have always (knock on wood) had great luck with them. I think we are just making it too hard LOL. We have stayed at Compass Cove in the past, it was a nice hotel and a beautiful room, but we weren't thrilled with the outdoor set up. I honestly had my heart set on Bay Watch this year, but man, the reviews on all the travel sites are just horrible. Avista has seriously small pools for as big as the resort is. We are also looking at Patricia Grand as well. Thanks for all of the suggestions, we are just going to have to pick one and go for it. As the kids get older our "wants" change. They want more independence and I need the area to be compact enough to be able to keep up with them LOL. We looked at Sea Watch, but that is just way too spread out for us right now. Beach Cove was perfect last year, but not enough to pay more that $500 more for the week. We will keep looking, and reading trip reports. And yes Patricia, tiki bars forever!!!! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:29 pm 

We also stayed at the Beach Cove Resort last year and enjoyed it. But like you, we noticed a pretty hefty price hike this year. So for our upcoming July visit we booked 6 nights at Grande Shores for a very affordable rate. I've never stayed there, so we will see if we like it, but like Beach Cove it fits within our search criteria for location and style of resort. You might consider looking at Grande Shores. They were very pleasant to talk to.

Scott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:52 pm 

I hope you have a fabulous trip Scott! I think we have looked at Grand Shores before, but can't remember for sure. We ended up booking through VRBO at Baywatch. It just has everything that we want so we decided to go for it. It's the beach, hopefully it can't be that bad LOL. It's been a long winter here so I'm ready to go sooner rather than later, that is for sure!