Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:13 pm 

Made my tee times for August 4th. First time at Myrtle Beach National. Chose the West Course, based on reviews. Has anyone played here?

Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:08 pm 

Geez.... I played the West Course about 10 yrs ago, but was during the fall when a Tropical system came through and was a wash-out (I recall all their courses except West were closed). Nice facilities (probably remodeled/upgraded since then) and would play again with nicer weather. Then again, most courses on the Grand Strand are head-and-shoulders above any public course in my area.....

Please post a review !
Enjoy !

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Forget the golf. Let's have a meet-up! :clown:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:24 pm 

I played the West Course with my son at the time of this original post (2015) and we were rained-out after playing 9 holes. Last week, Misti and I took the rain checks and finished the back 9.

The West course is the lesser of the three courses, but I really enjoyed it. The clubhouse is beautiful, and the courses were all in great shape (they intertwine, so you can see the King's North and the Southcreek courses). The West Course was challenging enough for duffers like us, but wasn't extremely tight or technical. Not much water came into play, nor did the bunkers. Every staff member we met greeted us kindly and were very helpful. It was an enjoyable round, and I would definitely play there again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 pm 

Scott & Misti wrote:
The West Course was challenging enough for duffers like us, but wasn't extremely tight or technical. Not much water came into play, nor did the bunkers.

If courses would of stayed like this more people would still be playing. Courses went through a crazy stage in the 1990s when almost every courses goal was to fit the maximum amount of homes on a course (made them longer which = more upkeep and longer rounds). They also put in an extroidinary amount of bunkers for a better looking course to entice home buyers which equals even more upkeep. I'm on a golf course 200+ times a year and have seen very few golfers have the skill level nor five plus hours to handle those type courses. Good choice on playing a course that you can score better on. Much more fun.