Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Legend's Special
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:52 pm 

Last year Doug's golf crew played a special at the Legend's while we were on vacation. Doug has called and they are offering the same special again this year. 3 rounds of golf, breakfast, lunch and 2 beers each day for $150. The Legend's courses are some of Doug's favorites so I thought I would pass on savings to all of you golf lovers out there. I am not sure when the special starts I just know that they will be offering it during July. If you are interested give them a call.

Post subject: Re: Legend's Special
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 pm 

Awesome deal!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 am 

Thanks Deanna, that is a great deal..... Here is more info from GolfDesk.com, you can see the price varies according to dates:

Legends Golf

Offering courses from the finest golf course architects in the world such as Pete Dye, Tom Doak and Dan Maples. The courses you choose from are Moorland, Heathland and Parkland at Legends and also Oyster Bay and The Heritage Club. Each round of golf will be accompanied with breakfast, lunch and 2 draft beers for each person in your group. Breakfast, lunch and beers will be served at the course, you're playing that day.

3 round special
03-03 thru 03-17, $258 per person
03-18 thru 05-08, $306 per person
05-09 thru 05-22, $198 per person
05-23 thru 06-13, $192 per person
06-14 thru 09-07, $162 per person

Play 4 get 1 FREE

03-03 thru 03-17, $368 per person
03-18 thru 05-08, $428 per person
05-09 thru 05-22, $284 per person
05-23 thru 09-07, $276 per person

Add lodging at Legends Villa's for $34 a night a person based on 4 people in a 2 bedroom golf villa!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:47 am 

Well it looks like my little husband quoted me the wrong price :lol: He was trying to make it sound really good wasn't he. I guess at $162 it is still a good deal.

I will throw in that last year all the guys just raved over the breakfast buffet. Apparently it was very good. The lunch was just burgers, chicken fingers, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:55 am 

That is a great deal, thanks for the info. I have never played legends, and we try to play at least one new course each time were there. Last year we played Man a War, Aberdeen and tried World Tour for the first time. If im not mistaken, World Tour had a special, play all 27 holes around $75.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:45 pm 

I'm sure Doug got a super-secret deal for 150.00... I would never "out" a fellow-golfer :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:29 pm 

Played the Moorlands course at Legends on the 8th June, really nice course, deal included lunch and a couple of drinks, booked using the Grand Strand Senior Centre book, the cost was around $35. Quite a testing course with dog-legs and some blind shots, large greens which presented me with a few problems, course in good condition, would play there again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm 

My husband just called them the other day asking about the condition of the courses. I will let him know that things looked good.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:18 am 

Played the Parkland course at the Legends for just over $50, meal voucher included but did not use it. When I got there the cart drop looked very busy and I thought it would be a long round but once on the course there were no hold ups, there was a 2 ball behind our 4 ball so we let them through and after that didn't have anyone else either in front or behind us. Not an easy course but in good condition,we played off of the white tees and really for our standard of play should have played the green tees. When offers are on take advantage of them.
Peter