Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alligator Adventure
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:01 pm 

Alligator Adventure | 4604 Hwy 17 S, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 | http://alligatoradventure.com

My dad and I got here a little after 10:30am. They offer senior and military discounts. Alligator Adventure is 15 acres and offers over 200 species of animals. We started with the cassowary and black and white ruffled lemurs first. Then it was the ring tailed lemurs and red reffuled lemurs. As we were walking up, we caught the tail end of a lecture about the lemurs. We saw the macaws, kookaburras, Chinese alligators, bobcats, and the galagos/aldabra tortoises next. We then stopped to see Utan “King of Crocs”. He’s considered to be the largest crocodile on exhibit in the United States. He’s a hybrid between a salt water and siamese crocodile, weighs 2000 lbs and is over 18 feet in length. We caught the small feeding show next. It was standing only and completely in the sun. The feeding offered information about the alligators and lasted about 5-10 minutes. I felt sick during the show and had to leave before it ended. I ended up getting sick and sat down near the concession stand. I got a gatorade to help get electrolytes back in my body. My dad said the concession stand was reasonably priced. I felt a little better and we decided to stay and wait at the amphitheater for the alligator handling and lecture. There were plenty of seats and lots of shade. The seats are bleacher style. An employee came out and showed us a snake first. Those who wanted to touch its skin could touch it. She told us some information about snakes and put it away. Next, she walked into the hoard of smaller alligators and managed to pick one out. Tape went around its mouth to ensure it wouldn’t bite. It could still breathe and see. She went around with the alligator, allowing people to touch its back and told us facts about them. The show lasted about 10-15 minutes. You could go up and ask her questions, take pictures, etc. She also encouraged everyone to wash their hands. There were purell stations throughout. We went into the serpentarium next. That’s where all the snakes were. My mom definitely would have stayed out of there! We saw chilean flamingos and the hyenas next. The the duck pond and macaws. We went into the albino alligator building. They were neat! Next door was a koi pond with a ton of fish. Croc Cove features various kinds of crocodiles. There’s even an animal hospital. We made our way down to the main pool for another feeding show. Part of the walkway was covered, the other part was not. There were no seats. The feeding show lasted about 10-15 minutes and again, we were given information about the alligators. Our last stop was the gift shop. The t-shirts were reasonably priced. There were shirts, hats, stuffed animals, books, games, puzzles, and more.

Overall, we stayed about 3 hours. We hadn’t been there for at least 10 years. We had a great time. All the employees were encountered were friendly.

Post subject: Re: Alligator Adventure
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:57 pm 

Thanks for reminding us of a fun place to take the Grands when we want to spend several hours in one place. Another great review, and thanks for the super photos showing all the gators. Kind of a good idea for a Halloween attraction review. I bet it's been 10 years since Patrish and I have been there too. We shall pull up your review to show the kids when we are deciding where to go next... Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Great review! Thank you. Loved the photos too!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:09 am 

Thanks for this review. We don’t stay far from here and have driven by for years but never gone. Looks like a pretty neat place to visit.