Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RV campsites in Myrtle.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm 

Hi all new to the site.

My girlfriend and I will be moving to the Myrtle beach/Conway area within the next few months hopefully. We have 4 dogs (3small 1 medium) which we want to take with us while we are down there as we dont want to be a burdin on anyone here in watching them. We plan to have a Realestate agent picked out and a list of what we are looking for before we get down there. In order to have all 4 dogs with us I thought it would be best to Rent an RV. The reason is our plans is nothing but house hunting. Can anyone suggest a good place (maybe away from downtown and all the traffic) for an RV and that allows pets.

Sandfun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

Since you already have a real estate agent who is working with you, he or she would be the best person to ask about pet-friendly rentals.

Here is some information I found concerning RV pet-friendly rentals. I hope this helps:

Dogs are allowed at Lakewood Camping Resort Inc, but they must be kept on a leash (6' max length) when outside your vehicle. Handicap and law enforcement dogs, though not classified as pets must abide by all pet rules. Certification must be provided at check-in. Only small, non-aggressive, quiet pets are permitted. Pit Bulls, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, Akitas, Chow Chows, German Shepherds and Dalmatians are not allowed in the resort. The afore mentioned pets, if brought onto Lakewood's property, must be placed in a local kennel at the pet owner's expense. Pets are not permitted to leave your campsite boundary without supervision. Pets that make noise or create any other nuisance must be placed in a local kennel at the pet owner's expense. Pets are prohibited from all public buildings and pool areas year 'round.n a leash no longer than 6 feet when outside your vehicle. For more information on pet restrictions, please call (843) 448-3421

Pirateland Family Campground: Dogs are allowed at Pirateland Family Campground, but they must be kept on a leash when outside your vehicle. Pets must be kept quiet. Aggressive breeds are not allowed, as well as certain breeds of dog (Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, mixes, etc). Pets are not allowed in vacation rentals. For more information on pet restrictions, please call (843) 238-5155

Ocean Lakes Family Campground
Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Pets are permitted at all campsites, however, they are not permitted in our rental units.
Call 800-878-0173

Apache Family Campground
9700 Kings Road
Myrtle Beach, SC, US
(843) 449-7323
Up to two pets of any size are allowed at Apache Family Campground for no additional fee at the campsites, but they must be kept on a leash when outside your vehicle. Pets are not allowed in the leisure rentals.

Lakewood Camping Resort Inc
5901 South Kings Highway
Myrtle Beach, SC, US
(843) 447-7368
Dogs are allowed at Lakewood Camping Resort Inc, but they must be kept on a leash (6' max length) when outside your vehicle. Handicap and law enforcement dogs, though not classified as pets must abide by all pet rules. Certification must be provided at check-in. Only small, non-aggressive, quiet pets are permitted. Pit Bulls, Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, Akitas, Chow Chows, German Shepherds and Dalmatians are not allowed in the resort. The afore mentioned pets, if brought onto Lakewood's property, must be placed in a local kennel at the pet owner's expense. Pets are not permitted to leave your campsite boundary without supervision. Pets that make noise or create any other nuisance must be placed in a local kennel at the pet owner's expense. Pets are prohibited from all public buildings and pool areas year 'round.

Myrtle Beach Travel Park Pet Policy
Dogs are allowed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park, but they must be kept on a leash when outside your vehicle. Pets are not allowed in Ocean Villa or travel trailer rentals. For more information on pet restrictions, please call (843) 449-3714.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:28 pm 

Are you renting an Rv that you will drive or are you looking for a trailer for rent in a campground? We have stayed at Apache for years with our 2 beagles and never had a problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 pm 

We are planning on renting an RV. Although this is not the ideal scenario we wanted. We have a pretty good idea of where we want to live. And have seen and marked some houses online. Since we are paying cash we are thinking or should I say HOPING it wont take but a couple of days to find what we want. Problem is with 4 dogs (3 small 1 medium) we really dont want to put a burden on anyone to watch them. So it might come down to renting an RV.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 am 

Not sure what your timeline is/was; this may be too late to be of any help.

If you want to rent something directly from a campground, the only one that allows pets is Lakewood. Patrish has a very comprehensive list above.

There are two other campgrounds, that aren't oceanfront: KOA and Cypress Camping Resort.

I couldn't find any pet information on either of them, but I know there are KOAs that allow pets in their rentals, and most campgrounds allow pets if you bring your own RV.

Best wishes that all goes (went?) well with your move.

Lakewood RV Resort - August 2007; 7/26/2014-8/2/2014 (in a rental unit)
Dayton House - December 2007
Dunes Village - 12/27/08-01/03/09
Oceanside Village - June 2016

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:37 am 

Even I and my boyfriend had decided to go to a beach place this summer eagerly wating.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:27 pm 

JohnLorentzen I thinking you need to look at the Post dates as you are replying to 2014 date of a post .......

not that it is bad but they probably got a answer or they left the forums ......

and welcome JohnLorentzen to Myrtle Beach Message Boards and Enjoy !!!!!!