Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nacho Hippo
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 am 
Forum Support

CptTrips wrote:
My wife and I have been here a couple times and they have a gluten free menu on request. My wife gave this place high marks because it is hard for her to eat out. I cannot recall what was on it as I ordered off the regular menu. I want to say she had chicken fajitas with corn wraps. The chips are corn but not glutten free as they share a fryer with other items. They were very accommodating both times we visited by giving her corn wraps to eat our guacamole dip with which is very good.

Post subject: Re: Nacho Hippo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to hear Nacho Hippo has a gluten free menu on request, and that they were so accommodating to your wife. We've always liked Nacho Hippo for their friendly service and reasonable prices, so it's good to hear they also offer and supply special requests.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 am 

After seeing all the fun Patrish, Ron, Anne and company had at Nacho Hippos, this place was on our "to do" list. Unfortunately the night of Labor Day is kind of like a restaurant hangover…. The employees seem to be a bit slower than normal, the place was empty and no one seemed overly exuberant.

Tried the combo-salsa appetizer and decided the fire-roasted salsa was the winner with the peach-salsa coming second. Even though I make some decent chili with tomatillos, the green salsa just didn’t raise our hackles. Jan ordered the chicken sandwich with a side of roasted salsa and I got the Carolina and Korean tacos. Immediately after the waitress walked away, Jan said "I don’t think you like kimchi, why did you order Korean ?". Gee, thanks honey….. I do like Korean beef, but so true on the kimchi so I picked that taco apart. The Carolina taco was good, but I guess I should have stuck to a Mexican theme since BBQ in a tortilla just seemed an off-theme to me. Jan's chicken sandwich was not very appealing… seemed like the grill had not been cleaned recently, or perhaps the breast was cooked previously and merely re-heated. The waitress graciously ordered another one which was so much better. Juicy and what we expected.

I think if we were at Nacho Hippo during a more festive time (like a meetup !), our experience would have been a bit more lively and enjoyable. Deserves a re-do.....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Kirk, thanks for the unbiased and thoughtful review. Something I really like about our members is that I personally know many of you, while others post regularly enough that I feel like I know and can trust your reviews and opinions.

OK, so I go ballistic and start bouncing off the walls when someone (always a new poster) comes along with a restaurant review or a place to stay and either slams it (a bad grudge) or thinks it is the best place in the entire Grand Strand and maybe the entire state of SC, and everyone should give it a try. (A manager or owner.) These one-time-wonders don't even come back and open the semi-polite PM I always send about why their post was deleted. :oops:

Anyhow, I just wanted all of you regulars to know how much I appreciate your posts, trip reviews, restaurant opinions, etc. Thanks for choosing to be with us.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall