Myrtle Beach Message Board

Welcome to the Myrtle Beach Message Board Forum
Contact me: patrish@funbeaches.com

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fun Plaza Arcade
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:09 pm 

Our kids just love the Arcade on the Boardwalk, and since they tore down the Pavilion Arcade (which had the great, curved mirrors), we end up at the Fun Plaza every year. It's a standard arcade, but what makes it special are the classic Baseball Games. It's still only a quarter for three outs, and you still have to score 28 runs to win. These classic games have to be 30-40 years old and are all mechanical (no computer chips in these). For our family, it wouldn't be a trip to the beach without a visit to the Fun Plaza to play the baseball games. I scored 26 runs in one game this year, but will be back next year with a pocket full of quarters to play again!

Post subject: Re: Fun Plaza Arcade
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:18 am 
Site Admin

HaHa! Loved these pictures, Scott, and it shows that it doesn't take a lot of money to have a really fun time.

This reminded me of Alan (pop 2748) and Ruann in June, 2011. Of course we HAD to go to the Arcade! Wally and Alan were seriously getting into the various games. You can see the people, standing around wondering what the excitement was for these two WVA "boys" who were grinning happily as if they enjoyed seeing their money disappear! Meanwhile, Ruann and I were rolling our eyes and pretending we didn't know them.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Myrtle-B ... 550?v=wall

Post subject: Re: Fun Plaza Arcade
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:40 am 

Think it was Jeff Foxworthy that made the connection between rednecks (aka hillbilies) and fish. Show us something shiney or with flashing lights..... we're hooked.........

Been years since I've played the old style baseball archade game. That was our main source of entertainment in the 60's when staying at Cresent Beach. Small shack on the old pier had a pinball machine and baseball game. Had to stand on stool to reach the machine but cousin and I would play for hours.